Dispensed Milk or Cream Portions!

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    I had the same issues/fear when it came to my morning coffee and adding creamer, so I decided to control it myself. I get my coffee black, add some sweet n low, then when I get to work I add the half n half I keep in the fridge that I can measure out exactly one tspn of. Now I know exactly how much is in there and I control the calories and measurement.

:lol: kinda what I suggested...if Pav is a connoisseur, he's gonna have a problem with the temperature and possibility of reheating, !!!!!1!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Oh Pav, I have no words of wisdom, but you and your coffee habit... oh dear. You would give my husband a run for his money.

*takes Pav's side*

I... may go through 30 ounces of iced coffee a day. (Black, no milk. 6 calories.)

Iced coffee is a wonderful, happy thing.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-5-Ounce-Measuring-Glass/dp/B001QYAGO4/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1526675278&sr=8-13&keywords=pyrex+measuring+glass

Get one of these. Take it along with you and measure your coffee creamer enough times to come up with an average serving.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-5-Ounce-Measuring-Glass/dp/B001QYAGO4/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1526675278&sr=8-13&keywords=pyrex+measuring+glass

Get one of these. Take it along with you and measure your coffee creamer enough times to come up with an average serving.

Not a terrible idea and it would help on a couple of other occasions as even after 3 years on MFP I can't decide if a little soup cup is 6oz or 8oz!!!

I've actually done the "measurement" thing at McD's by taking my milk "on the side" a few times and weighing it at home :blush: *I'm just a "big block" up the street* Also did the weight my ice cream cone thing to arrive at an average weight which is slightly more than the published average.

But Tim's is even more variable from store to store ... hence I ask for creamers on the side there. But it irks me to throw out creamer packaging since it defeats my using a re-usable cup!!! :disappointed: :

I admit this was more of a general comment as I am more or less currently fine with tracking my general energy intake/expenditure over time using a combination of MFP and Fitbit. Whether I am a little bit off on the coffee or a lot... it is certainly not affecting things.

But I still think that it would make sense for large chains who post nutritional information to post One milk or One cream values (or for that matter two milk values if they are not exactly the same as 2x one milk values) and also one and two sugar values for those of us who ask for sugar.

Mainly because so many people (and I used to be one of them many years ago) automatically assume that One Cream means the one single creamer, and one sugar the same as a satchel of sugar or even worse a teaspoon of sugar... when the reality is that it is usually several times that. :angry:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ask for it on the side and eyeball it maybe?
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I really don't worry about the splash of 1/2 and 1/2 I put in my coffee, but if I were, I'd put it on the food scale and measure it in.

My daughter works at starbucks and they have a food scale for beans used for a pourover or the clover machine. Maybe they would measure a known portion of creamer in your coffee using the food scale?

Or just carry a pocket sized scale and you can measure in the creamer or 1/2 and 1/2 or whatever you use.

I just round other stuff up and then it matters less that I don't log the splash of cream in a coffee.