Oatmeal

Options
Leeah77MFP
Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
How do you like yours? I like to make it a ton of different ways, but this morning, I sweetened it with a bit of Stevia and cinnamon, topped it with banana, hempseed, cocoa nibs, a berry and a touch more cinnamon just because I love it. l6kfrse49y4i.jpeg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just butter.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    This morning I had mine with have a banana and cut up strawberries- slightly sweetnes with light syrup- delicious and filling
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Today I did dried apricots and cardamom.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I like it with apples and cinnamon or raisins and brown sugar. I rarely eat it though because it doesnt fill me up at all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine savory
  • mikaila96
    mikaila96 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Flax and/or peanut butter, a teeny bit of maple syrup, cinnamon, and a splash of milk. Every now and again I’ll mix some low sugar preserves in instead.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You snuck your oatmeal in there with all the good stuff. I make an overnight with 40g oatmeal, 4oz kefir, 1 oz blueberries, 30 g protein powder, and 12 g chopped pecan. Other than that I consume oatmeal in my protein granola bar, and I have oatmeal in my granola crumbles that I use in my yogurt breakfast.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & jelly all the way for me...

Usually strawberry jam and natural PB.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I usually like mine with cinnamon and some sort of sweetener (brown sugar, maple syrup, honey). Apples and raisins are awesome in there as well.
  • brassicaceae
    brassicaceae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today I had overnight oats with chia seeds, ground flax seed, cinnamon, carob powder, walnuts, shredded coconut, cocoa nibs, soymilk, peanut butter, blackberries, and blueberries. (Yes, it's a lot. I don't log all the time, but my oats easily reach 800-900 calories.)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I most often have it with apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, and soy milk. I also love it with natural peanut butter and banana. And then when I'm missing my mom, I make it the way she did, with nutritional yeast, wheat germ, and raisins.
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and 2 tbsp PB2
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    I usually just squirt some sugar free maple syrup on it.
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys really know how to mix it up.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats over here--1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy milk, lots of cinnamon and blueberries!
    Or hot with banana and walnuts. or tropical with mango and coconut.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, mixed berries, cinnamon, hemp seed, flax seed, blackstrap molasses, walnuts, plain Greek yogurt . . . every day, pretty much. Yum, and so satisfying.

Not pretty like yours, though - mine is basically pinkish brown mush. ;)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I cook 1/4 c rolled oats with water and top with a fried egg. If doing instant, then I'll stir a little protein powder in the dry packet, then add hot water. I usually like maple or cinnamon flavored.
  • LisaMelton1
    LisaMelton1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use it to thicken smoothies