Womens health question

Options
2»

Replies

• indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yep! Every month without fail and it's super bad cravings every time. I try and drink as much water as I can, black coffee is a good appetite suppressant for me and I'll allow myself a small treat (tracked) because I'm only human :)
  • Mandylou19912014
    Mandylou19912014 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To curb my hunger I make myself really thick protein shakes by blending in a banana as a snack, protein bars, hard boiled eggs fill me up and loads of water
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    HUNGRY or CRAVINGS??? That is a big difference for me. Cravings aren't too bad now that I preplan to have chocolate and pb.

But hunger on the other hand is a different story. My body needs more energy?? Is that even possible? I get weak feeling after a normal workout if I don't eat enough meat especially red meat. I end up cooking plain ground beef for a snack.

I also find a couple of days where even if I have filling meals planned, my stomach is growling all day and I am constantly starving so I end up eating over my calories but with lots of protein and veggies.

It is rather annoying to eat a meal, be hungry, drink more fluids, wait an 30-60 mins, be still hungry or even hungrier, even though the week before that same meal would have been satiating.

Of course if I mentioned this to a friend their solution is to 1) eat a giant cookie 2) eat a bar of chocolate. :|:|:|
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    kballsocc wrote: »
    Of course if I mentioned this to a friend their solution is to 1) eat a giant cookie 2) eat a bar of chocolate. :|:|:|

This^^^

Next month should be interesting. It's going to test my mettle.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I used to get cravings and EatAllTheThings, but now when my appetite goes up premenstrually I just eat at maintenance for a few days and that takes care of it for me.

I was confusing legit hunger for cravings, and would eat things like a pint of Ben & Jerry's, which just made me hungrier.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I was confusing legit hunger for cravings, and would eat things like a pint of Ben & Jerry's, which just made me hungrier.

I did this last night! :|
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

I did this last night! :|

I feel ya! The mini cups might help - both them and the pint feel like "one serving" to my brain even though the calories are of course vastly different.

When I'm premenstrual, I get hungry for lunch earlier, so just have that early lunch plus a substantial snack in the afternoon and perhaps a small treat after dinner. So I'm adding about 400 calories, instead of 1200 plus.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Ovulation too. I really only get like one week of successful "dieting" per month.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! The mini cups might help - both them and the pint feel like "one serving" to my brain even though the calories are of course vastly different.

When I'm premenstrual, I get hungry for lunch earlier, so just have that early lunch plus a substantial snack in the afternoon and perhaps a small treat after dinner. So I'm adding about 400 calories, instead of 1200 plus.

Mini cups are a good idea. I usually make a bowl in order to limit myself. It was a bad idea to eat straight from the pint and I should have known better!

It definitely was a result of not eating enough earlier for me, too. I skipped breakfast and had a late lunch so my after dinner treat turned into bingetown. Oops. I’m also going to really try to get more protein today so that I’m not so unsatisfied after dinner. It also doesn’t hurt that now I’m out of ice cream! :lol: