Not loosing weight

2»

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,122 Member
    Drink water and 2 tbsp. of vinager in the morning and at night and eat half a grapefruit before evey meals and drink nothing but water all day 5 or more bottles. I just eat broccoli and fish or chicken 3 meals a day and have lost 6 pds in 1 1/2 wks.

I hope this is just a joke.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    What's different this time? Are you on any meds? Is your non-exercise activity the same, or have you changed lifestyle or job in a significant way?

If you aren't losing, you have to eat less or move more, one or the other. Whether that means tightening up your logging so you eat less, or just reducing your calorie goal and keeping the same logging habits, or adding exercise. If it were me I would add 15 min of HIIT and see if that was enough to make a difference.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I'm in the same boat and decided to do the 20/4 intermittent fasting to shock my body since I've been dedicated to 1200-1400 calories without much loss. I'm 62 and need to lose 20 pounds more. I've taken off 24 pounds but these last 20 seem impossible. I have dropped my carbs to 20-40grams and two days a week I eat only 500-600 calories. Hope this intermittent fasting does the trick to shock my body into fat burning.

you dont shock your body. body fat is burned in a deficit. you dont shock your body into burning fat. weight loss doesnt work that way
  • xXDarrowXx
    xXDarrowXx Posts: 1 Member
    You might also check with your doctor, body chemistry changes with age and each childbirth. I developed insulin resistance naturally, but after each of my kids birth is got worse. I'm not a diabetic, but I have to eat like one to lose any weight otherwise I just maintain or worse gain even while calorie counting. I'm not saying that's what's going on but after a month with no results I'd want a check up just to rule out anything medical.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Did you work out regularly before you started tracking or is it new as well? Chances are you're just retaining water from exercise, ovulating or menstruating, and possibly the salt in the pizza if you weighed after that. You might even have just weighed on particularly high days - I went up 1.5kg one day this week, and was back down the next.
    Your logging looks good, so just keep tracking, keep weighing, and give it a few more weeks.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Do you have any illnesses or are on any meds?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    xXDarrowXx wrote: »
    You might also check with your doctor, body chemistry changes with age and each childbirth. I developed insulin resistance naturally, but after each of my kids birth is got worse. I'm not a diabetic, but I have to eat like one to lose any weight otherwise I just maintain or worse gain even while calorie counting. I'm not saying that's what's going on but after a month with no results I'd want a check up just to rule out anything medical.

even those with insulin resistance need a caloric deficit. the carbs didnt make it harder to lose weight. sure it may have had an effect on insulin. yes body chemistry changes and your metabolism can change some but if you dont lose you arent in a deficit, if you maintain you are eating enough to maintain weight and if you gain you are eating over your maintenance. I agree with getting checked by a dr to rule anything out. I have a metabolic disorder that does make it harder for me to lose weight but I still do if If in a deficit of calories.

I just have to eat less and burn more calories.for me my BMR is 200-300 calories less than what MFP says it should be. same with the calculators out there some say for me and my activity my BMR should be 1500+ its not its a little over 1200. some say over 1400 for BMR. therefore for me it means I have to take in less than someone else who may have some of the same stats as I do and have a BMR in those levels
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    obviously hard to tell from your limited profile pic - but while you have your heart set on 135lbs, you may want to look to something like recomp (eating at maintenance to lose fat/gain muscle) - while a slow process, you may end up looking slimmer than you are currently while maintaining weight
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I suggest doing body measurements. Arms, legs, waist, hips, neck, multiple points. Sometimes our weight loss won't show on the scale, even if our bodies are changing. Water retention happens, sometimes for weeks or even a month. Just keep going, and you'll get there.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Oh hey there Shouty! Have your physicist friends taught you how to spell ‘calorie’ yet?
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    again, muscle doesnt weigh more than fat, 1lb of muscle = 1 lb of fat.....muscle just takes up less space than fat
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    Ever heard the claim that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat? False! A pound is a pound (of feathers, glass, Jell-O—you name it). But because a pound of fat takes up about four times the space of muscle tissue