Orange and Dill Pan-Seared Tuna - 190 calories!

Options
Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
So I bought a new cookbook the other day from Betty Crocker called "The 300 Calorie Cook Book". I didn't know anything by Betty Crocker could be 300 calories or less! Anyway, I've had several requests from friends to post about recipes from this book, so the one I'm going to try tonight is the orange and dill pan-seared tuna.

Ingredients:
4 tuna, swordfish or other firm fish steaks (4 oz each)
1/2 tsp peppers seasoned salt
1 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tsp grated orange peel, optional

Directions:
1. Heat 10 in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of fish with peppered seasoned salt. Add fish to skillet; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork (tuna may still be slightly pink in center). Remove fish from skillet; keep warm.
2. Add onion to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in orange juice; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in dill weed, butter and orange peel. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve sauce over fish.

Nutrition Facts (for 1 serving):
Calories - 190
Calories from fat - 80
Total fat - 9g
Saturated fat - 3g
Trans fat - 0g
Cholesterol - 75mg
Sodium - 250mg
Total Carbs - 7g
Dietary fiber - 0 g
Sugars - 6g
Protein - 22g

I will report back later after dinner and let you all know how it is!!

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    That sounds absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing - I'm going to keep that one :-)
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    I have that cook book and love it!!! There was a recipe for chicken roll ups that had asparagus and tomato that were really good, and another that was chicken with avocado and pepper sauce that was pretty good as well. Enjoy it!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Sounds good....I'll be looking forward to the feedback.....
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    bump
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Well that was a fail...instead of cooking this yummy sounding tuna and making the hubby pizza (because he won't eat fish), hubby decided we needed to go out for Mexican. The Hawaiian fajitas I had were AWESOME! ...but I have no idea how this recipe tastes yet. I've got tuna thawed out, though, so I guess I'll just make it tomorrow. :/