Back at it again!

Options
Hello! I'm slightly a newbie-I was on the site before but I don't think I made any attempts to reach out in the community. That being said, hi! I just graduated from grad school and I'm looking to get back to being more mindful of my fitness and nutrition.

I'd love to meet new people and just share motivations and tips.

Replies

• GoodMorningHypocrite
    GoodMorningHypocrite Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting a keto similar diet tomorrow/today. Looking to be into fitness got a membership!!
    My motivation is to just be healthier and be in better shape - plus I know its all about confidence but my body is bo where near where I would love it to be and it makes how I feel about myself bad.

What are your motivations?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Well done for using the community! It's a wealth of successful people with great advice.

Read the Helpful Posts announcements in the forums. They're really, really informative.

My best tip is to read those, ask questions, and learn to use MFP to count calories so you don't have to diet.

Just eat the things you like eating while sticking to a sustainable calorie limit.

Don't crash diet and try to starve and deprive yourself! A smaller calorie deficit will keep you happy for as long as it takes.

Depriving yourself of things you love will lead to bingeing and giving up long before you get near your goal.

• courtneielise
    courtneielise Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting a keto similar diet tomorrow/today. Looking to be into fitness got a membership!!
    My motivation is to just be healthier and be in better shape - plus I know its all about confidence but my body is bo where near where I would love it to be and it makes how I feel about myself bad.

What are your motivations?

Don't feel bad! Self confidence is a thing most people are constantly working at. And I understand your motivations totally.

My motivations are a combination of a few things. At my healthiest, I used to do like 100 squats, 30 crunches, etc no problem. And now my body sometimes asks me if I'm speaking to the correct department for activities. I want to get back to that level.

Also! I like to cosplay, and I'm comfortable with my body now, but I know I could make better/better looking costumes if I was more fit.