Mashed cauliflower

Options
I'm looking for a recipe for mashed cauliflower.

I know there are lots of topics somewhere in here, I don't have time to look though every page to find it.

I am using this as a substitute for potatoes to make shepherds pie!

Thanks

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just cook it up (over-cook it really) so it mashes easily. Then for 1/2 a head of cauliflower, I add 2 triangles of laughing cow cheese (any flavor) and a little salt/pepper.
  • pbeans
    pbeans Posts: 42
    Options
    The best is to fix it just like you would mashed potatoes. I used sour cream & cheese and if you use low fat dairy products you can really cut down on your calories. It is really good this way.
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    On the same subject- does it work to cook it in the microwave? If so, does anyone know how long?
  • Sandy9586
    Sandy9586 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If your trying to lose weight then I suggest, Steamed, smash it and add some molly mc butter, molly mc cheese or both. ;) I also do brocolli and carrots smashed with it. So yummy! Cant go a day without it.
  • suzyluzy
    suzyluzy Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could just do what I usually do, but it's just as good :)
  • jules563
    jules563 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Been making this for 7+ yrs only this is my variation and I use a food processor and my family thinks it's potatoes when I give them gravy.

I don't need the gravy it's so good!
    Oh and I use it for shephards pie too!

Kroger - Frozen Cauliflower, 1 container (4 cups ea.) 100
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat (8oz), 2 tbsp 70
    Spices - Pepper, black, 1 tsp 5
    Spices - Garlic powder, 1 tsp 9
    4 servings
    Total: 184
    per Serving: 46

Take the cauliflower and put in a Zip Lock Steam bag and microwave for 7 minutes.
    Then take it out and put it in the food processor or use a stick blender and add the cream cheese while it's hot and blend or process it. add in the seasonings and serve.
    It's really so good.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tiffaniisdetermined
    Options
    Bump
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    Bump