46 Yr. Old Guy / 1500 Calories / 15 Lbs fat loss 6 Weeks?

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cyberberry wrote: »
    @TT: is that a good thing or a bad thing?

read their post, and then decide!!! :laugh:
  • sarahhie
    sarahhie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In no way am I an expert on nutrition and I don't want to give advice on calorie counting, but I would think a keto diet and maybe even combined with intermittent fasting, would get you to your goals MUCH faster. Try a one or two meal a day goal with macros in the 10% carb, 65% fat, 25% protein range. Be prepared to feel like crap for a couple days though.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would imagine low carb would be the most useful of this sort of contest. It has no fat loss advantage, but the lower carbs will result in lower water retention on average, so the diet will be a bit more deterministic in my view. However, I do think these sorts of contests encourage unhealthy weight loss which may reduce lean body mass.

Muscle burns more calories than fat, but you're not going to build enough muscle for that to be a factor imo.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I would like, but I'm guessing about 4-5lbs/mo. I say this because I lost 3.5" in my belly and did not lose a single lb in 45 days. Actually, I went up 2-3 lbs. Also, my comparison picture show the gains on the upper body.

OP, are you taking steroids for those gains?
    If not, this is a realistic expectation: https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-gain-math.html/
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ok... I think I'm on track but wanted to get some opinions. I did 45 days of P90X and got some amazing muscle gains on my upper body. I lost about 3.5" around the belly, but I need to lose another 6" in the next 45 days. Why? I'm in a competition with an old competitor/friend, and I'm not going to lose. It is a "1" measurement competition, measured by % loss around the belly button. He is winning as of now, but I bet on muscle gains to help me burn calories hard on the final stretch.

If I eat 1,500 calories, 600 Calories / Day exercises, and maintain 100-150g protein, less than 50g of fat and carbs, will this get to my goal and not sacrifice too much muscle? I can't afford to make a mistake.

JohnnyX

Men generally lose fat around the belly LAST when in a deficit. So no matter how hard you try, you will probably experience the LEAST amount of fat loss from this area.

I don't see any realistic or healthy way in which you could try to gain muscle while losing weight and drop 6" of belly fat in 45 days. Just try to do it in a safe and healthy way and let the chips fall where they may!