Going sober!

Options
jaxon250
jaxon250 Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Back again but this time with a more serious motive...no more alcohol. I have accepted that amongst other ambitions and goals I have in my life weightloss is not possible if I continue to drink. This is my own personal experience and would gratefully accept help and suppirt from others to help me on my journey to discover a sober me...hopefully a better version!

Replies

• DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been sober for over 2 years now and it has helped with my weight loss tremendously. You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need support.
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey, please add me. I need the support. I have problems with alcohol and I have come to the realization I have to quit or greatly cut back if I want to lose weight.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any alcohol since January 31.

This thread in the Challenges forum is a really great group of people who have quit or are trying to quit or are moderating their alcohol.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10663704/less-alcohol-may-2018-one-day-at-a-time

It's very supportive and helpful with all sorts of tips and inspiration.
  • EifionCockram
    EifionCockram Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good for you to make that decision. You'll feel better about yourself
  • jaxon250
    Options
    andyp1386 wrote: »
    I also stopped drinking. Going on 2 weeks now.

Im now 1 week!! Well done you!
  • jaxon250
    Options
    Those empty calories are a tough obstacle to overcome. I am convinced that drinking and the associated late-night snacking, along with having less energy/motivation the next morning will sabotage any other efforts I make. For me it is a difficult change to make as I have been a regular drinker for many years. But as you appear to be saying, not drinking or drinking in moderation is part of making healthy changes in your life. It certainly is in mine as well.

Could not agree more!
  • YvonneRae1979
    YvonneRae1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's great! I've been clean since 1/3/16!
  • beccapax
    beccapax Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I feel so much better since cutting alcohol out of my life. Even if I had a Michelob Ultra or other low calorie beer, it would make me so hungry I'd just lose my inhibitions and eat whatever I wanted. I have found that replacing my evening alcoholic beverage with sparkling water and lime/lemon "tricks" me into thinking I'm having a drink and reduces the craving. Also, when I first stopped and cravings were more robust, drinking carrot juice helped to reduce it. I have heard this helps others as well. Good luck, and I added you as a friend!
  • jkrabelos
    jkrabelos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I’m trying to quit drinking too or at least limit my alcohol intake. It really sabotages my weight loss goals.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    11 months sober and 65 pounds lighter. No, it wasn't just removing alcohol from my diet that got me in shape. It was removing alcohol from my outlook and attitude. You're worth the effort.