Struggling while cutting calories intake...

Did anyone struggles during the first week of cutting their calories intake cause I sure am. Which snack I can use to help me with the cravings that I have? Any help would be helpful, thanks

Replies

• naayabelle_
    naayabelle_ Posts: 6 Member
    Thank for the tip @steveko89
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Yeah, the first week was hard because I was pretty hungry most of the time (of course going from only being between full and very full for 2 years to actually being hungry before meals was probably most of it), but it goes away. I find any combination of protein, fiber and heat (spicy) fills me right up. All 3 is even better, but one alone isn’t nearly as good as at least 2.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    I’ve eaten a lot of pickles and sugar free jello to stave off hunger since starting. I also do better when I space my food out well throughout the day.
  • naayabelle_
    Thank for your input @ChloRob_
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Can you save calories for the cravings specifically? Think about the food you love and then try and figure out some snacks around that food. In the beginning I saved a quarter of my allowed calories for evening snacks - popcorn, low calorie crackers with blue cheese and jam, tiny bags of jelly beans, red wine, seasoned sunflower seeds. I would also walk daily so i had a larger calorie allowance.
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    The best I have found is quest bar which hellos me limit in between eating
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Protein = stick to the ribs. Things that help me are greek yogurt, protein shakes, and chicken, lots and lots of chicken.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Smartfood Delightful popcorn in Salted Caramel is 70 calories for a pretty big serving. I use it a lot for my salty-sweet cravings.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    ChloRob_ wrote: »
    I agree with Steve. Think of it like quitting smoking, you can’t just stop something cold turkey, your body will freak out. Cut back in steps until you get where you need to be. Your body will thank you, and you will see results with a smaller chance of failure :) much love & luck to you and your journey -CR
    that's how i quit
    my body was fine. mind a little grouchy
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Act II Kettle corn pop corn. Yea, it's microwave, but at only 145 cals for the bag, it kept me sane during those first few weeks. And lots of water.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Act II Kettle corn pop corn. Yea, it's microwave, but at only 145 cals for the bag, it kept me sane during those first few weeks. And lots of water.

My go-to was homemade popcorn with salt and cajun seasoning! It's good for when you just want a lot of that hand-to-mouth motion without a ton of calories.
  • naayabelle_
    Thanks to all of you for your insight... today I brought almond and dry raisins to snack on while working. I do drink 6 to 8 bottle of water a day
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Protein = stick to the ribs. Things that help me are greek yogurt, protein shakes, and chicken, lots and lots of chicken.

I second this.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Thanks to all of you for your insight... today I brought almond and dry raisins to snack on while working. I do drink 6 to 8 bottle of water a day
    Be careful with the almonds, they’re surprisingly high in calories. Laughing cow cheese is only 35 calories per triangle and is good with pretzels!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    The 100 calorie nut packs are awesome, but a little speedy.
  • daniellewhiteliving
    daniellewhiteliving Posts: 67 Member
    I'm snacking on low fat yogurts and salt n vinegar snack a Jack's...