Don't like decline bench ?

AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
I am training at a new gym, it does not have a decline machine, this decline machine was like a chest press but it hit the muscle a decline would.

I don't like the regular decline bench as it gives me a head rush and also I don't like the feeling of it.

What substitute could I do to hit the same muscle group.

I understand you can't target a muscle but you can put more emphasis on certain areas.

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Huh? You can certainly target specific muscles. You can’t target fat loss. If you don’t like decline bench press try wide grip weighted dips...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Wide dips.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    I've been beaten to it but I was also going to suggest wide dips.

• tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Wide dips.

I was going to suggest that and Cables on an upper angle.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    I don't like the regular decline bench as it gives me a head rush and also I don't like the feeling of it.

It doesn't require much of a decline to emphasize the lower chest, so if the bench is adjustable, try reducing the decline. Or do a decline press on a Smith machine.
    Also see if they have a Hammer Strength plate-loaded machine. I believe it's called Iso-Lateral Wide Chest.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Huh? You can certainly target specific muscles. You can’t target fat loss. If you don’t like decline bench press try wide grip weighted dips...

This is the perfect exercise for that.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Or heavy back arch on flat bench though you might get some hate. I second the cable flys. I can't do dips due to a shoulder injury otherwise they'd be my primary chest movemrnt aside from competition bench
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2018
    Meh, dips hits more front delts than chest & triceps. My vote is with jessef593 for heavy back arch