Options
bethf66
bethf66 Posts: 3 Member
How do I track but not have exercise calories added to my daily count? Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have to be a premium member to do that. If you're following MFP's calorie goals, it's expected that you eat your exercise calories back.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This feature is available for premium accounts. If you want to do it for free, you can manually adjust your calorie burn down to "0" so that nothing is added to your daily total.
  • bethf66
    bethf66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Shezzad45
    Shezzad45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. :/ I have just come from Fitbit which tracks your calories burned during the day and my 20% deficit is built in but it says i have 1425 to play with but MFP only gives me 1290 then added only 40 for a walk when my fitbit tells me I have burnt well over 300 for an hours walk. I am premium as well. Whats going wrong?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Shezzad45 wrote: »
    I don't get it. :/ I have just come from Fitbit which tracks your calories burned during the day and my 20% deficit is built in but it says i have 1425 to play with but MFP only gives me 1290 then added only 40 for a walk when my fitbit tells me I have burnt well over 300 for an hours walk. I am premium as well. Whats going wrong?

1. 20% isn't how MFP calculates a deficit
    2. Evidently you overestimated or underestimated your MFP activity level.
  • mrs_kris_campos
    mrs_kris_campos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do not have premium, and I do not add my calories burned back to my diary when I exercise, but I do add the exercise. When you are entering your exercise calories change the calories burned number to 1. This will add your exercise, but only add 1 burned calorie to your diary.

This is how I do it. I hope that makes sense.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

your activity level is probably not set right.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I do not have premium, and I do not add my calories burned back to my diary when I exercise, but I do add the exercise. When you are entering your exercise calories change the calories burned number to 1. This will add your exercise, but only add 1 burned calorie to your diary.

This is how I do it. I hope that makes sense.

Unless like one of the posters above you sync Fitbit - in which case entering 1 calorie is going to screwup Fitbit.
    So not good method then.

Unless you are actually using the MFP Fitness Diary (and with 0 or 1 calorie burns being logged, what's the point) - just make a wall post about the workout with more info then MFP would provide anyway.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

You mean you set a manual eating goal that happens to be 20% on Fitbit, or they had an option for 20%?
    Because I fail to see where Fitbit does anything besides the 250/500/750/1000 deficit goals, just like MFP.
    Or is that premium feature?

MFP already included the fact you'd have to do some walking and calorie burn to live - but you did 40 calories more than it was estimating for whatever activity level you selected.

So of your 300 cal burn, 260 was already accounted for.