That moment when...

Options
joeboo81
joeboo81 Posts: 28 Member
You realize you could get a chicken nuggets happy meal from McDonald's and it would be less calories and sodium than the soup (not homemade) you brought from home.
I don't condone eating fast food a lot (I am guilty of it however), but it does prove there are options if you're in a pinch. Or just want a change.

Replies

• lizzyfit2
    lizzyfit2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Due to health reasons in my home, I've become a better cook, and better grocery shopper. My husband loves soup, but is seriously salt restricted (heart). I quickly learned how to scrutinize ingredient labels, and was shocked by the INSANE amount of salt (and similar salt-based) thats added to most favorite foods, SOUP is amoung the worst! Most stuff I make from scratch now, but he still loves his soup, so I've found some brands that actually tout being lo sodium that he loves..
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    joeboo81 wrote: »
    You realize you could get a chicken nuggets happy meal from McDonald's and it would be less calories and sodium than the soup (not homemade) you brought from home.
    I don't condone eating fast food a lot (I am guilty of it however), but it does prove there are options if you're in a pinch. Or just want a change.

Except for allergies or other legitimate medical concerns, there are no bad foods. Everything in moderation. If you want a Happy Meal and it fits your caloric/dietary plan, get a Happy Meal!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I wanna Happy meal >:)