I want to gain weight

Options
13»

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with junk food. A diet of all Junk food.. sure that's not a great idea for health but 80/20 rule and hit your macros and micros and you'll be fine. Restricted diets fail and are totally unnecessary.

??????????? Not true...

Agree with skinny cow. Saying restricted diets fail is like saying having a challenging job leads to unemployment. I’ve been on a restricted diet for years. It depends on the person.

But it may be good for a beginner to ease into a healthy diet rather than totally restricting their diet. MAYBE. Because I know if I let myself eat junk food at all, I will only want to eat more junk. Instead I never eat junk food and I never crave it.

Plus I care about my skin and that’s really affected by junk food.

Anyways do what works for you.

That mindset about never having any "junk" food is actually an eating disorder called orthorexia. Just something to think about.

I enjoy what I eat and have no stress around eating. I don’t need junk food so it’s not like I’m missing out on a necessity. Orthorexia isn’t about restriction, you have to have something negative with it like stress or fear around eating the wrong thing. If I accidentally ate a donut I would say “oh well! That was fun!” If an Orthorexic ate a donut by accident they would freak out.

How does anyone eat something by 'accident'?

Other than flies when running!

I "accidentally" eat donuts often ;)
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with junk food. A diet of all Junk food.. sure that's not a great idea for health but 80/20 rule and hit your macros and micros and you'll be fine. Restricted diets fail and are totally unnecessary.

??????????? Not true...

Agree with skinny cow. Saying restricted diets fail is like saying having a challenging job leads to unemployment. I’ve been on a restricted diet for years. It depends on the person.

But it may be good for a beginner to ease into a healthy diet rather than totally restricting their diet. MAYBE. Because I know if I let myself eat junk food at all, I will only want to eat more junk. Instead I never eat junk food and I never crave it.

That mindset about never having any "junk" food is actually an eating disorder called orthorexia. Just something to think about.

I enjoy what I eat and have no stress around eating. I don’t need junk food so it’s not like I’m missing out on a necessity. Orthorexia isn’t about restriction, you have to have something negative with it like stress or fear around eating the wrong thing. If I accidentally ate a donut I would say “oh well! That was fun!” If an Orthorexic ate a donut by accident they would freak out.

Alcohol or weed! :D
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

??????????? Not true...

Only the second or third one.

The first one is always deliberate.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

??????????? Not true...

Only the second or third one.

The first one is always deliberate.

Fair point
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

??????????? Not true...

Cough Cough "BS" Cough Cough! :-)
  • mirajulin
    mirajulin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are literally like me. I have gained 11lbs in a year by having these ”savior” foods or drinks like milk which I just drink and drink as much as I can. My daily calories from 2 liters of milk are 1200kcal and then I just eat normal food during the day.