Anyone else here struggle with addiction? I have almost 2 years sober!

Options

Replies

• crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    congrats on the sobriety. it's never an easy journey. i was never addicted to alcohol, but i was addicted to food. it was my immediate go to whenever something was happening that i didn't want to cope with. unlike alcohol, i cannot cut food out of my life completely, so i still work with it every day to keep my head on track.
  • horror_mama
    horror_mama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm presently in recovery myself. I was a functional alcoholic for 5 years and now I find myself being tempted to reach oblivion when I'm stressed. It was always my go-to when I wanted to "disappear" for awhile from reality. Congrats to you on your sobriety! It's a hard road and I applaud you.
  • cass412014
    cass412014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look beautiful.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    I had my 22nd clean anniversary back in April. I stepped away from alcohol, numerous narcotics and cigarettes all on the same day. I went from 9st (grossly underweight since I'm 6' 4", but I just couldn't put on weight) up to just over 17st. August last year, I decided to finally start doing something about it and started logging all I was eating. October, I started adding some "move more" into the equation with at least 5 miles a day of brisk (4+mph) walking. I'm now down to 12st 11lb and nearly at my target weight of 12st 7lb.

And managed to walk to Mordor!
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I give all the sober people here credit. its a rare day I don't drink to much and have a shity morning.
  • Neufae
    Neufae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been to multiple AA meetings but I am not an alcoholic.

Sobriety is a powerful thing.