I'm guessing something ridiculously filled with woo

I figured that, but was curious lol
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    serindipte wrote: »
    What is the 17 day diet?

Since the first thing I saw when looking at this diet (because I'm avoiding work) was that you can't eat fruit after 2 p.m. (even though you can eat unlimited tomatoes), your guess is a good one.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    What is the 17 day diet?

Since the first thing I saw when looking at this diet (because I'm avoiding work) was that you can't eat fruit after 2 p.m. (even though you can eat unlimited tomatoes), your guess is a good one.

Oh boy!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    What is the 17 day diet?

The first thing I saw was 'cleansing vegetables'. I couldn't read anything else because my eyes had rolled too far back.
  • serindipte
    Found this interesting review:
    The overall framework of this specific diet is based around healthy eating habits and exercise. With the philosophy that you need to change your calorie count and food combinations every 17 days for a total of four cycles, it is said to keep your metabolism in a constant fat-burning stage.*

The Four Cycles
    The Acceleration Cycle: This is the cycle where you take fats, processed foods, and sugars out of your diet and replace them with nutritious foods that have a background of trimming down fat.*

The Activation Cycle: This is called the “metabolic boost” cycle, and you will switch off between lower and higher calorie days to confuse your system. When your body’s system is confused, it doesn’t know how much food it will need to process that day, keeping it in the fat-burning cycle.*

The Achieve Cycle: This cycle educates on portion control, and incorporates exercise into a daily routine.*

The Arrive Cycle: This is a point in the program where you are used to the 17-day diet changes, you can effectively portion control your food, and exercise is a daily practice. During this cycle, you should be on your way to a healthier you.*

Right away, foods such as sugars, starches, processed, and fried foods are banned from your diet, but some starches and sugary fruits are allowed in moderation. Overall, this is an elimination diet of the bad food and drinks, substituted with wholesome food, and a change up in eating habits every 17 days. They offer a hard copy book and a Digital Diet Program called the “Body Breakthrough” that costs $47.00 to start. Within the digital app, you are provided daily diet lessons, interactive action guides, meal planners, food journals, recipes, and exercise sessions on the go. I called into their support line and was routed to their answering machine two different times, which was not helpful.

Source: https://consumerscompare.org/17-day-diet-review/
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    No thank you to carbohydrate cycling. I'll stick to eating what I want with in my calorie goals.
  • serindipte
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Pffffft… everyone knows you need to change your diet every 19 1/3 days for 7 cycles unless you start on the full moon in a month with 2 vowels in it then it is 6 cycles but you only pay for 5 of them.

But wait! There's more! If you order the book for the low low price of $47.00, you're guaranteed to lose at least three pounds in the first three days. (You'll gain it back, but you'll lose it!)
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Pffffft… everyone knows you need to change your diet every 19 1/3 days for 7 cycles unless you start on the full moon in a month with 2 vowels in it then it is 6 cycles but you only pay for 5 of them.

But wait! There's more! If you order the book for the low low price of $47.00, you're guaranteed to lose at least three pounds in the first three days. (You'll gain it back, but you'll lose it!)

I'm only in if I can buy the book and get a second one free to give to a friend or family member
  • serindipte

I'm only in if I can buy the book and get a second one free to give to a friend or family member

Yes, just pay separate shipping and handling, of course.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    I can’t even...