How Many crafter/musicians do we have here???

Options
13»

Replies

• Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have gotten into making hair clips for my girls, going to try and sell them, there are a bunch of places on facebook doing it, so I started my own page named Sugar Plum Creations.

I also sing in my church choir and have played the flute for 26 years and I listen to pop, classical, just about anything but rap and heavy metal.

Is it the fairly new page with 5 likes. I am trying to like the page but found 3 with that name. Check out mine it is called ShaeKnits and is also on Facebook.

yep that's it and I will check yours out.
    Okay I sent a 2 likes your way. One from my real facebook profile Latrice Westbrook-Simms and the other from ShaeKnits. I think the likes only go up if you do it from your personal page because when I like someone from my ShaeKnits page it doesn't add to their like count. Just discovered that the other day. I am about to get my boys to like your page as well.
  • Shantre
    Options
    I added the two etsy pages to my favorites list but can't figure out anything about any circle. I am ShaeKnits on there as well. I don't sell my items there yet just browsing or shopping for now.
  • Shantre
    Options
    I crochet, I do tons of crafts with the little one! (Halloween is my fav, I make costumes, and all kinds of crafts) Cupcakes!! i love to eat them and decorate them :D ,cooking (but you know that)...also Design...my passion is Architecture! (went to school for architecture and CAD engineering! ) and I sing at church (used to be in the choir, but I wanted to be in mass with my fam) and in the shower ;) he he he

My little Cookie monster...(i had fun making this one!!!)

cookiemonster.jpg

You did a great job!!!
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I sew semi-professionally; custom pieces from word of mouth recommendations. The normal is baby and nursery items (bedding, stroller blankets, curtains, crib sets, bibs, burp cloths, etc) and costume pieces (special occasions, Renaissance faire, as well as Halloween). But I can and have sewn so many items it's impossible to list! I also dabble in knitting (omg, I'm horrible!), furniture refinishing, and gift-able items (fabric dolls, swank scarves, hair accessories, etc.)

I don't have a etsy site, but I admire all of those who do! Especially you fellow stay-at-home mamas who find the time to do it!!!

I love roots music and (as you may have guessed) my heart belongs to punk rock. <3
    Both my boys were influenced by our favorite musicians & songs! my husband play slap-bass in a punk/rockabilly band (just for kicks!) and it still makes me weak in the knees!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    for hobbies. I like to draw and animate, and home brew. I also play sax (alto, tenor, bari) and I am an internet DJ, although I'm on a break.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've tried to play a handful of instruments but my fingers will not bend! Guitar, piano, both impossible :-(.
    I can craft! I scrapbook, make jewelery (mostly dangle earrings and multi-charm necklaces), and tackle other re-purposing projects. I've made a fabric message board for my awkward wall, shopping bags out of sheets, etc. Currently learning to knit, but I accidentally unraveled the entire scarf :-o.
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to sew and quilt. I love making hand appliqued quilts.
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm a professional pianist (classical) and I have an Etsy shop full of earrings (just earrings - I'm ChouChouBijoux.) :)
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Guitarist and pianist here. :)
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love to stamp cards and such! I am looking how to make hats and scarves from a loom. I also tye-dye. I am also a singer! We went to karaoke tonight actually lol
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I make cards - mostly children's birthday party invitations, but some others. They are pretty fancy. I should charge more than I do :)

I also hand-sew with felt (robots are my specialty), and am capable of cross-stitching but I lose interest for months at a time.
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    We are very crafty here! We love to paint, make decorations, cards, birdhouses, oh an endless lists. Always making homemade playdoughs for the kids. We love music & listen to almost every genre. We love playing rockband on our PS3 together & just singing songs.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm not very "crafty", but I am a true music lover! I play the piano, but my love of music became even great when my son started playing the trombone in middle school..... he is now a music major in college and I have been the typical marching band/band mom. His love of music expanded mine so much!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I honestly love to paint and draw.:):):)
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like knitting, but I just can't finish anything I start.
  • mariannew72
    mariannew72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I garden and sing (badly)! Tried to play my daughters guitar and ended up with numb fingers for a week, lol xx
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm a dress/pant size away from digging out my sewing machine. I did work as a seamstress for a few years.

I'm also a classically trained cellist/violinist though it's mostly collected dust the past few years. :(

One of my big NSV is that I can sing now. I've had bad acid reflux problems my whole life that prevented me from doing so and now they're resolved. :)
  • StormChaser217
    StormChaser217 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I love crafts and I love , love , love music . I sing at home , lol , my husband also plays guitar and sings ( He use to be in a band ).
    I cross stitch , scrapbook , make cards , make jewelry , make dream catchers .
  • lcamanda
    lcamanda Posts: 28
    Options
    I like to knit. I would love to crochet but I just can't get the hang of it. :(

Not musical at all, though I once went to a psychic who was convinced I was.

Any Ravelers on here?