how to not cheat or eat late at night??

Options
2»

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Go to bed. Seriously. It's hard to eat when you are sleeping. I'm not a snacker but will sometimes get the munchies at night. Due to some medical issues, I can't eat within 3-4 hours of going to bed otherwise I vomit in my sleep, so if I ever get the munchies and it starts to consume me, I just go to sleep.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I just tried Halo Top ice cream for the first time last night and it was surprisingly ok. I needed to add some calories to my total for the day and when I was shopping for dinner I decided to give it a go. Only 80 calories for one serving (the whole pint is only like 240?) so you can get your snack swerve on and not blow up your day.

Just look for small things that'll help here and there so you don't end up destroying a whole frozen pizza at midnight, you know?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    cedarstars wrote: »
    so right now im doing south beach diet. i used to be anorexic which led to binge eating disorder but now im ok :-). i just keep eating late at night as a routine now and i keep eating so much. how do i stop or what are some methods to avoid this? i was thinking if i got hungry i would leave cucumber slices w ranch by my bed or ice cold water. but what do you think?

I think you're most likely not eating enough during the day, and that's why you're hungry at night. How many calories do you have through dinner?

Also, how tall are you, how much do you have to lose before you reach your goal weight, and what is your weekly weight loss goal set to?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Don’t restrict so much during the day
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The hardest time for me is at night. I start to want to snack. I just go to bed. If I stay up too late it's worse. I guess because it's been longer since dinner, or it's just habit. So, I try to get in bed on time and if I don't my mind starts to wander. OH I have popcorn, my husband didn't eat that cake earlier, I have cheese and crackers..no I just go to bed. :)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth when you are done with food for the evening.
    I brush my teeth after dinner, then I eat my snacks in bed, then I brush my teeth again.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I Changed my eating schedule. I drink a protein coffee all morning, eat meals at 2:30,5:15, and 8:15, then a snack at 10-10:30. This helped tremendously.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I Changed my eating schedule. I drink a protein coffee all morning, eat meals at 2:30,5:15, and 8:15, then a snack at 10-10:30. This helped tremendously.

We have almost identical eating schedules. LOL!
    What is protein coffee? I assume coffee with protein powder in it?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options

We have almost identical eating schedules. LOL!
    What is protein coffee? I assume coffee with protein powder in it?

Ha! That's awesome. This works so well for me.

Yes, iced coffee with protein mixed in. Usually 6 oz of either almond/cashew or simply smart milk, and vanilla and chocolate protein powders, sometimes premier protein ready to drinks, (vanilla, chocolate caramel) if it's hot coffee, always the premier protein. 160-180 calories, 30-34 G protein. I couldn't waste calories on coffee without making it useful for my goals. Been doing this for years. I love it.
  • Lashawn71188
    Lashawn71188 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I was doing the same thing. I tend to graze between meals. So now I eat a smaller breakfast lunch and dinner so I can have snacks in between meals. That way I'm not eating over my calories.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I just moved my dinner to later in the evening. It doesn't matter when you eat, it's what & how much you eat. By moving dinner a bit later, I end up going to bed before I get hungry at night.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    In bed by 9pm to wake at 4:30 for the gym most days.