TEAM FLAB 2 FAB (CLOSED GROUP) ~ WEEK TWO

Options

Replies

• ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    I almost forgot my recipe!! My kids love these. I usually have to double the recipe. Of course, we are a family of 6.

Buffalo Chicken Rolls

makes 12

12 egg roll wrappers (roughly 4 square inches)

1 cup cooked and shredded chicken (6 ounces)

1/2- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce

1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)

1 cup broccoli slaw or cole slaw (dry)

Small bowl of water

Nonstick cooking spray

Blue cheese dressing, for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. In a small bowl, stir chicken* (see note below) and hot sauce until well coated, using more or less sauce depending on your spice preference. The meat should be moist with sauce.

Begin by placing one tablespoon of the broccoli slaw on the diagonal of the bottom right corner of one of the wrappers. Next, place 2 tablespoons of shredded spicy chicken evenly on top of the slaw. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles over the chicken. Do not overfill.

To fold: Fold the bottom right corner over the stuffing mixture so that it covers it completely, with the tip of the corner now pointing to the center of the egg roll wrapper. Fold in the bottom left corner, followed by the right, so that you now have formed an envelope. Roll the wrap upward one time, leaving the top left corner open. Wet your index finger in the small bowl of water and press to moisten the top left corner. Now fold that down on top of the filled roll, sealing it like you would an envelope.

Repeat with remaining rolls.

Place the rolls on a wire rack set on top of a cookie sheet (or just on a greased cookie sheet) coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spritz each roll evenly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the rolls crisp and turn a light golden brown.

*Note: To make the chicken, place 1/2 lb of uncooked chicken breast in a small pot and fill with enough water just to cover it. Bring to a boil on your stovetop, reduce the heat slightly, then simmer for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and let cool before shredding with two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat.

Nutrition Information for 1 roll: Calories: 103, Fat: 3.2g, Cholesterol 19.5mg, Sodium 237.7mg, Carb: 9.9g, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugars: 0.3g, Protein: 8.1g
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I got modified challenge Accomplished...woot!!! Plus 8 miles done on the recumbent bike...
    Water--done
    Under cals--done
    Logged food--done

I love this team!!! You are all doing AWESOME (singing voice) keep up all your hard work

We can do this, consider it DONE!!!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 5 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. 6 MILES COMPLETED FOR THE TEAM 100 (1 OVER MY COMMITMENT OF 5 FOR THE WEEK)
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good Evening! All goals have been met so far this week. I got in 3 extra miles this morning making my total 9. Will more than likely get another one or so in tomorrow!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    SOOOO...I got a LOT of working out in today, but I still ate horribly...I mean I was under my calorie goal, but OVER all my other goals (like sugar, carbs, etc.) Tomorrow is gonna be a SUPER SUPER health day! LOL

So here it is :

64 ounces of water : CHECK

Under Calorie goal : CHECK

Complete Food diary : CHECK

4 miles complete today, that makes my total miles for the week : 8 (only 2 more miles to my goal of 10)

50 Globe Jumps : CHECK

100 Jumping Jacks : CHECK

100 Stair Climbs : CHECK

So yeah, exercise wise, GOOD, food wise, BAD! Even though I was under my calorie goal, I made poor food choices today, and to be honest, have made poor food choices most of the week. I wont be surprised to have a low weight loss number for this week... :'(
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    08/11/2011

Mission Accomplished
    3.1 Miles Done

I am so very proud of our team! I needed to hear that. Thank you Cap for the update. I stepped on the scale this morning and it's UP 1/2 a pound. I don't know what is up with that. I am moving and doing more than I ever have and I'm flooding my body with water. It's got to start going down soon, right? I'm not slacking! Honestly, you should see the sweat :-)

Dont let it get to you too much, it could very well be water retention or muscle being buit. Did you weigh yourself in the morning or in the afternoon ? If you didnt weigh yourself first thing in the morning, then the numbers are probably wrong...so dont let it get to you. Also, if it is that TOM, it could be that too!! So keep your head high and keep pushing on, you will see results! :)
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Here is a sneak peek into next week's challenge! I will start a new forum with the challenges as the front page as we discussed. But just wanted you to start checking out what we are in for. If you need modifications, let me know...we can work something out, but quitting is NON NEGOTIABLE! LOL

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES! This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas. Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team! WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away! *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    8/12/11 - mission complete

i did another 2 miles yesterday!

remember todays mini challenge has to do with stretching

next weeks workouts look intense!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    mission accomplished 8/9/11, 8/10 and 8/11

Ran 2.21 miles yesterday. That puts me at 7.51 miles so far. Only 2.50 miles to complete my part :)
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    08/12

Challenges - Check
    Water - Check
    Logged In - Check
    Recipe - Check

Under Calories - Epic Fail! So sorry! DH and I got to go out to dinner last night and even with my exercise I was a little over. But I do not regret that margarita and I will be good today.

Oh and I had 2.6 miles yesterday.

Everyone have a great day!
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sorry I Completely forgot to add this last night.

August 12
    Week 2 Day 5 Mission Accomplished + 5 miles total
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Almost forgot my recipe:

LOW FAT OAT BRAN MUFFIN

Serves 12; Serving Size - 1 Muffin

2 cups dry Oat bran
    1/4 cup Flour
    1/4 tsp Salt
    2 tsps Baking powder
    1/4 tsp Nutmeg
    1/2 cup Dark brown sugar
    1 cup Skim milk
    1 tbsp Sunflower oil
    1 1/2 tsps Vanilla extract
    2 Egg whites

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. Mix with milk, oil, vanilla and egg whites. Fill lined muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.

Calories: 125; Proten 4.25; Carbs 22; Sodium 140; Fat 5
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Week 2 day 6

All missions accomplished

Whew! I am so tired...my BOO-TAY is dragging, good thing tomorrow is rest day! I definitely need it!
    I'm proud of all you girls...YOU ROCK
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    8/13/11
    40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches = DONE
    Water = Done
    Under calories = done
    Logged food = done

For my mileage, today I jogged/bicycle for 7.88 miles.

That puts me for a total of 13.18 miles total for the week! I reached my promised miles and went over a bit! Woot!
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    August 13
    Week 2 Day 6
    Mission Accomplished!!!!
    Feeling Amazing!!!!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    August Challenge : WEEK 2 - Day 6 :

ALL CHALLENGES COMPLETED AND EXCEEDED! :) YAY!

I actually went to that all womens studio I was talking about today and I worked out for 2 1/2 hours straight! It was AWESOME! I wish that all of you guys could have been there with me, that would have made it the best! I did 4 classes, Zumba, Hip Hop, Intense Cardio drills and Power Yoga, and ended up burning over 2,000 calories in the classes!! AWESOME!!!

So I totally COULD NOT eat back all of those calories today, HAHA! That was like over 3,000 calories to eat...so yeah...there was NO WAY..but I did eat somewhat healthy and tried to eat back as many as possible... :P

Oh and I dont know why...but I completed my food journal...its just not coming up that it is complete for me....HMMM...it did say that if every day were like today I would weigh 134 pounds in 5 week!! HOW awesome is that ? I wish that i could make every day like today...maybe every Saturday at least ?

Well guys, I am BEAT and I gotta get up to work in our Church Nursery tomorrow, so I am gonna get ready to head to bed and get some sleep, believe me I AM WORN THE HECK OUT! LOL - it was a LOOOONGGG day for me, I am ready for a great nights rest!!! Cannot wait to weigh in tomorrow...hopefully it is something good.... :)
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Oh ya baby I did it!!! I actually lost 2.8 lbs since last week...woohoo

We now return you to the regularly scheduled program!!!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Oh ya baby I did it!!! I actually lost 2.8 lbs since last week...woohoo

We now return you to the regularly scheduled program!!!

THAT IS AWESOME!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!! This is what we LOVE to see!
  • fitmommy2012
    Options
    Ok...so I am only down 0.6 pounds, which puts me at an even 152....but that is still fine, at least I am losing and not gaining, especially for my poor food choices for last week! That means I have lost a total of 4 pounds so far!!! YAY!!!! Only 1 more pound to meet my monthly goal of 5!! YEAH!

Lets kick butt and have another awesome week guys!! We can do this!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post my recipe this week so I'll post two! Mine is for a dessert I like to have in the afternoon at work when I want to get in trouble...

Orange - chocolate cup

8oz light cream cheese (I wouldn't recommend fat free - just doesn't taste right)
    2.5 TBSP good quality cocoa (I use ghiradelli)
    1/8 tsp orange extract
    2 packets splenda

makes 4 servings of around 90 calories each

Chocolate - peanut butter cup
    8oz light cream cheese
    4 Tbsp peanut butter
    4 tsp vanilla extract
    4 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
    2 splenda packets
    fat free half & half (to desired consistency)

makes 4 servings of around 190 calories each