Shakeology??

Options
I wanted to hear people's opinion on shakeology and if it's worth how ridiculously expensive it is. Seems tough to justify that much money on a shake? And really what makes it better than any other shake you get from the health store?
It would be nice to maybe try a couple samples before spending that much too.....
Anyways, hope to hear from some on this!

Thanks =D

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any reason to pay that much money when you can make your own protein shakes.
    I think maybe people don't realize they can even do it, or they tried one and didn't like the taste/texture or something and didn't bother to try a different brand, or flavor etc.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you can't understand why you'd want to justify it when it seems like you've made your mind up? I personally love it. It's definitely worth it to me...it has a sh|+ ton of vitamins in it and tastes way better than any other protein shake I've tried. BUUUT that's just my opinion.
  • azdvlz5
    azdvlz5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't believe anyone would pay that kind of money for a shake/ protien drink. Is it made of GOLD?? But I great question. I would like to hear the responses as well.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    What? You've had this up for 6 minutes and none of the BeachBody coaches have commented?! I'm very disappointed in them! I havea few BB coaches as friends and they have never tried to push it on me, but when I've asked them about it they said they feel amazing when they take it. I've never asked about samples, but I thought I saw someone say one time that you can get samples through a BBcoach, but if you go direct through the website you can't. Beyond that, no clue.

**edit: nevermind a BB coach responded and told you how to get samples as I was typing**...**backing up and exiting room**
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I use it & love it. It's not just a protein shake & when you look at it, it's not that expensive. It comes out to about $4 a day which most people will have no problem spending on coffee at Starbucks & not get any kind of nutritional value out of it. It's made from natural ingredients & has as little processing as possible. It's low on the glycemic index. You're getting many of the nutrients that your body needs & doesn't get from eating regular foods.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It's great, but it's not MAGICAL. But it is DELICIOUS.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    What? You've had this up for 6 minutes and none of the BeachBody coaches have commented?! I'm very disappointed in them! I havea few BB coaches as friends and they have never tried to push it on me, but when I've asked them about it they said they feel amazing when they take it. I've never asked about samples, but I thought I saw someone say one time that you can get samples through a BBcoach, but if you go direct through the website you can't. Beyond that, no clue.

**edit: nevermind a BB coach responded and told you how to get samples as I was typing**...**backing up and exiting room**

Beat you buy a second. :-)
  • lucyricky1
    Options
    I tried it and it is delicious. Definitely better tasting than anything I've ever bought at a health food store. I had read about the ingredients they use, and it is like combining protein with greens and various superfoods, so that saves you money. I.m going to order more, but it's hard because it's so much money. They definitely give you your money back if you don't like it.

Tastes really good and comes with good recipes
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Contact any coach and they'll give you a sample. I had to contact a few before I got one to ship to Canada and I found her on MFP!

Its not as high in protein as whey protein powders and its full of vegetables but you are better off eating whole, unprocessed foods.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How much do you typically spend for lunch? Any meal you get will cost you more and give you a lot less nutrition than Shakeology. My wife and I have enjoyed Shakeology and the results we have seen.

Message me and I would love to answer any questions you may have.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein smoothies with lots of antioxidant rich fruits and veggies! I add a scoop of regular protein powder in it and it tastes so good. I heard great things about it but the price is WAY TOO MUCH!!
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    How much do you typically spend for lunch? Any meal you get will cost you more and give you a lot less nutrition than Shakeology. My wife and I have enjoyed Shakeology and the results we have seen.

Message me and I would love to answer any questions you may have.

Less nutrition from eating whole foods? Now I've read everything. There is this thing called "bio-availability" of foods/drinks. Just because something has extra vitamins/minerals added doesn't mean it's more nutritious than whole foods.
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    I tried it and it is delicious. Definitely better tasting than anything I've ever bought at a health food store. I had read about the ingredients they use, and it is like combining protein with greens and various superfoods, so that saves you money. I.m going to order more, but it's hard because it's so much money. They definitely give you your money back if you don't like it.

Tastes really good and comes with good recipes

• JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology is a waste of money. I use muscle tech from walmart and click esspresso protein from amazon.com. it cost me 40 a month. It is delicious and very filling.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When you figure most people do not consume whole foods they are missing the nutrition that they need. Assuming whole foods are in the picture and not processed foods that the average person consumes you would be correct.

Whole foods beats every time.
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One thing I've seen on this post is that the people that say it is a waste of money have never actually tried it for a month. I've heard many people with positive things to say about it that HAVE tried it. So........I'm sticking with the people that have actually tried it.....not those with untested opinions.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No real opinion except it seems very expensive!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Full Disclosure: I sell Shakeology

A lot of people here seem under the impression that Shakeology is a protein powder, it is not. While it does have protein in it, it also has over 60 other healthful ingredients. The full ingredient list is available on the Shakeology website. If all you want is protein then yeah, it's overkill. But if you are concerned that you aren't getting enough vitamins, minerals or antioxidants then Shakeology might be for you. I personally love it and as has been previously mentioned, it's not magic, but if you're going to knock it, please compare apples to apples first :)
  • EvaJanes
    EvaJanes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was just on the Shakeology website because I have never heard of it before and on one of the information pages came across the following 2 points....anyone else see the problem with these two statements?

1. Xanthan gum in Shakeology - GMO Xanthan Gum is in Shakeology because it is a clean, organic source of gum.

2. Is Shakeology GMO free? - All of the testing and documentation of the Shakeology supplied states that Shakeology is GMO free.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was just on the Shakeology website because I have never heard of it before and on one of the information pages came across the following 2 points....anyone else see the problem with these two statements?

1. Xanthan gum in Shakeology - GMO Xanthan Gum is in Shakeology because it is a clean, organic source of gum.

2. Is Shakeology GMO free? - All of the testing and documentation of the Shakeology supplied states that Shakeology is GMO free.

Good eye, while I typically don't have a problem with GMO ingredients, i just sent customer service an e-mail about this. I'll report back with their reply.