Period weight gain

Options
Hi ladies!
I am trying to stay motivated but it seems Aunt Flow is coming this week and I "gained" 2 lbs overnight! I am still staying under my calorie goal!
My question is how much weight do you "gain" during your period and any tips to keep it at a minimum until the week is over?!? :/
Thanks!! :)

Replies

• choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My weight fluctuates up to 5 lbs. around that time compared to a 2lb fluctuation most other weeks.

My weight always fluctuates, I just look for the fluctuations to trend downward!

I am up 1.5 lbs this morning. I had pizza last night (under my calorie goal, but over my sodium goal) and I didn't drink enough water yesterday. It will be gone in two days, max.

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother weighing myself over my period as I know it can fluctuate. I just wait till afterwards.
    As it is I only weigh myself once a week and don't get too hung up on the numbers. Luckily I've had a steady 2lb weekly loss and the scales have never gone up weighing myself weekly.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    5-7lbs typically! It’s insane. I keep up with my normal food/water/exercise routine but that doesn’t stop it. Just embrace it, it’ll be gone in a few days!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    CuraKate wrote: »
    Hi ladies!
    I am trying to stay motivated but it seems Aunt Flow is coming this week and I "gained" 2 lbs overnight! I am still staying under my calorie goal!
    My question is how much weight do you "gain" during your period and any tips to keep it at a minimum until the week is over?!? :/
    Thanks!! :)

It can go up 2 or 3 pounds for me. But this month it has not gone up, which is new for me. My weight has stayed the same this week, give or take a few ounces. I don't think anything really helps. I do try to avoid salty foods and drink more water. I find my body really holds on to water during time of the month, so that salty snack takes twice as long to go away!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I gain almost exactly 2lbs the day before my period starts. That bit of knowledge has saved so many of my nice underwear. It's all water weight so I know I'll just drop it after my period. No biggie
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Usually about 5lbs. I now stay off the scale completely during this time.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I usually "gain" about 2 pound during TOM, the 1st time I weight myself after I started keeping track, I was holy s***, then everyone on here calmed me down and told me what the deal was. Now I rarely weight myself when it's due to start and during, to save myself from seeing it up, even though I know it's temporary....
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A lot. Usually 4 to 6 pounds, and it stays the ENTIRE time. Very annoying. I usually just ignore it though. After all, why bother worrying, it will go away in a week right? It's not like it's hurting anything, and since it just goes away on it's own, it's not fat, it's just my weird body being weird.