How do you view someones food diary?

Options
sd99
sd99 Posts: 9 Member
I see some people say that their diary is open, and feel free to look. However when I click on their name, it says user feed private? Also, I have added a few people but nobody (of my knowledge) has accepted. I feel like I have been sent to coventry!

Replies

• laurascott1994
    laurascott1994 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile it shows you have 5 friends. Also, maybe the person only opened their diary for a specific thread or question then changed it back to private. Some people only allow their friends to view or keep it completely private.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your profile says you do have 5 friends. You don't get a notification when they accept, but you should start seeing updates about them pup up in your home screen news feed, and they would be listed under your friends page.

• sd99
    Options
    Great, thanks for the replies
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    finishing your profile and adding a photo will go a long way in getting the requests accepted.....
  • sd99
    Options
    Haha, no judging. Just want to check other people have bad food days like me before I dare unleash mine on the public!
  • sd99
    Options
    Yeah, fair point. I do look like a creepy stalker with no photo and info on :D I will sort it out...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    sd99 wrote: »
    Haha, no judging. Just want to check other people have bad food days like me before I dare unleash mine on the public!

many people have bad food days. its not just you lol
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I view it less of "bad food days" and more a matter of a day I wasn't as strict as I should have been. And yes, I have my share of days. Sometimes it is going over my calories but most times it is going over my carbs. Some days it is expected (rodizio steakhouse for instance), other days it is because I give in. :)

Feel free to look. Mine is set for public. If it doesn't work for some reason, let me know and I will try to figure out what the problem is. :)

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    UncaToddly wrote: »

I view it less of "bad food days" and more a matter of a day I wasn't as strict as I should have been. And yes, I have my share of days. Sometimes it is going over my calories but most times it is going over my carbs. Some days it is expected (rodizio steakhouse for instance), other days it is because I give in. :)

Feel free to look. Mine is set for public. If it doesn't work for some reason, let me know and I will try to figure out what the problem is. :)

if you are going over carbs and not calories then you are fine. going over calories is another story but just get back on track the next day. for some thats hard to do. or some also do weekly calories,so they eat less on certain days and " bank" the extra calories to eat if they are going out to eat or for something special like a bithday. but we are all human and things happen. it for me is a learning experience.
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    if you are going over carbs and not calories then you are fine.

As I am insulin resistant, that is why I am more mindful of caring about going over the carbs more than I do the calories. It is also one of the factors, along with being pre-diabetic, that the bariatric center I was going too recommended a low carb/high protein diet at the numbers they did.

You are right though, for most people it is simply CICO that matters but for some of us, other factors can be important.

And while I will have to look more into the science of it, I am skeptical of the "banking" calories method. From a long term standpoint it can make sense I suppose but if I am on 2000 and eat 6 days at 1400 and then gorge on day 7 at 5000+ due to an event or whatever, does the body REALLY say "Oh, you ate a lot today but you didn't for the previous 6 so it is all good". Or did you just lose 1 pound over the previous 6 days and then gain 1 pound back on the 7th?

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    UncaToddly wrote: »
    if you are going over carbs and not calories then you are fine.

As I am insulin resistant, that is why I am more mindful of caring about going over the carbs more than I do the calories. It is also one of the factors, along with being pre-diabetic, that the bariatric center I was going too recommended a low carb/high protein diet at the numbers they did.

You are right though, for most people it is simply CICO that matters but for some of us, other factors can be important.

And while I will have to look more into the science of it, I am skeptical of the "banking" calories method. From a long term standpoint it can make sense I suppose but if I am on 2000 and eat 6 days at 1400 and then gorge on day 7 at 5000+ due to an event or whatever, does the body REALLY say "Oh, you ate a lot today but you didn't for the previous 6 so it is all good". Or did you just lose 1 pound over the previous 6 days and then gain 1 pound back on the 7th?

I see why you keep carbs low then. the thing is with weekly calories is as long as you are eating to your deficit you will lose. if the additional calories put you over your maintenance calories then you will gain of course but if you add all those calories together and divide by 7 it will give you your average daily calories. if you are eating more on day 7 and wipe your deficit out,then you just get back on track the next day. one day of overeating may slow your progress down sure. but its only one day. there are days that I have stuck to my deficit all week and ate 1000 or more over my deficit.

sure I saw the scale go up due to me eating more carbs. but it came back off once I went back to my deficit. so for you if calories are 2000 a day thats 14,000 a week , if you have one day where its 5000 calories that means the other 6 days if you eat 1500 calories then you will still be hitting your deficit to lose weight. it comes out to 2000 calories a day average. and if you have one day where you eat 5000 calories you wont gain fat as you are still going to be in a deficit for the week.(2000x7=14,000-5000=9,000. divide the 9,000 by 6 and you get 1500. now if you eat 1400x6=8400+ 5000=13,400 which is 600(14,000-13,400) calories under what your deficit would be eating 2000 calories everyday. so yes you would still lose. many people here do a weekly average and bank calories for the weekends and lose weight. some rather do it daily though. its just what works for said person.