Fitbit charge HR users. How do you track your workouts on mfp

Options
I'm new to the fitbit world (always used Garmin) my old garmin vivofit would automatically sync my workouts when I finished but my fitbit doesn't seem to. My MFP friends say that the fitbit charge hr doesn't sync exercise just calories burned...how? My steps sync to mfp and that gives me calories burned ...should I just except that number and not worry about logging my actual workout ? How do you guys that use fitbit sync or track workouts?

Replies

• DogMom85
    DogMom85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually stopped syncing my Fitbit Charge HR and log my workouts manually into MFP. I prefer it that way. But, if you want to keep your Fitbit synced to MFP, you will see your adjusted calories when you burn more calories than your Fitbit feels your basic daily calorie burn is.

I hope this helps!
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my Fitbit automatically recognizes the exercise I’ve done and other times I have to manually log it. I click on the exercise icon, then the stopwatch logo and manually enter here. Hope that helps!
  • quietone44
    quietone44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So can I log my workout manually on top of having the calories burned from steps? After my workout today I burned 300 cals...didn't show on mfp though it did show 188 cals burned from steps....but as of now it shows around 500-600 cals burned from steps (from roughly 12000 steps) I don't want to over compensate myself but adding the workout because then I'd be in the 800-900 cals burned range and that seems quite generous ... if any of this made any sense lol
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    DogMom85 wrote: »
    I actually stopped syncing my Fitbit Charge HR and log my workouts manually into MFP. I prefer it that way. But, if you want to keep your Fitbit synced to MFP, you will see your adjusted calories when you burn more calories than your Fitbit feels your basic daily calorie burn is.

I hope this helps!

This is what I do. Instead of syncing my daily walk to MPF, I just manually enter the cardio exercise. I have my MFP activity level set to sedentary and track my structured exercise calories, not general daily activity.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just log the workouts for my own records and to meet my 5 day a week workout goal. It doesn’t add any calories burned. Those are already accounted for in the “steps taken.” All of my calories burned sync but there have been a few times when I’ve seen a delay on mfp, like it takes a couple of hours to show up there.
  • quietone44
    Options
    Yah that makes sense. I should undo the sync for them completely because everything I enter into mfp will sync to Fitbit and that wasn't what I wanted it was vice versa lol fitbit is way more confusing then garmin but thank u guys :) I'm going to just start doing it manually and keep them separate
  • quietone44
    Options
    anglilacs wrote: »
    I just log the workouts for my own records and to meet my 5 day a week workout goal. It doesn’t add any calories burned. Those are already accounted for in the “steps taken.” All of my calories burned sync but there have been a few times when I’ve seen a delay on mfp, like it takes a couple of hours to show up there.

It's definitely a delay! Way different then garmin. It'll take some getting use to. Thanks for the help :):)
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have my Fitbit synced to the MFP account but I miss having the exercise show in my home page.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I use Zombies, Run! when I run. It is connected to RunKeeper, which is connected to both MFP and FitBit. Zombies, Run! doesn't connect directly to either, but RunKeeper creates entries in my Exercise Diary. Otherwise, I could set the FitBit to recognize a workout, but then it tells me I'm doing "Sport" at work. As I recall, FitBit does a pretty good job of recognizing running. I don't recall if a FitBit workout creates an entry in the Exercise Diary, but it definitely counts the calories. That is good enough for me, now - but I must've cared at some point, to connect all those apps to work together.
  • quietone44
    Options
    I have my Fitbit synced to the MFP account but I miss having the exercise show in my home page.

Me too!! Or atleast in my diary would be nice