Help me break a BAD habit....

Options
2»

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    So much energy is wasted by sacrificing the things we REALLY want in life, for what we think we want right now...
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Well, you just said that you need a good kick in the pants, so... just stop going! You know its expensive, you know its bad for you, you know its detrimental to your weight loss and healthy lifestyle, and you know you could opt for better food that helps you with all of the things I just mentioned!!

You don't need us to give you tips on how to do it... just do it! I am fast food free for over 100 days because I made the decision to do it. Simple as that.

(again, because you asked for it... I brought it... good luck!)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Well, you just said that you need a good kick in the pants, so... just stop going! You know its expensive, you know its bad for you, you know its detrimental to your weight loss and healthy lifestyle, and you know you could opt for better food that helps you with all of the things I just mentioned!!

You don't need us to give you tips on how to do it... just do it! I am fast food free for over 100 days because I made the decision to do it. Simple as that.

(again, because you asked for it... I brought it... good luck!)

Oh don't worry, I appreciate the blunt and honest truth! :) I Know that I need to just stop going, I just needed reinforcements!!! Thanks all, it is much appreciated!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Make your own coffee....add a little sweetener and maybe a little cream. if you *have* to have that specialty coffee drink, then get a Tall (12oz) or better yet a Short. They are both less expensive and way less in calories. Substitute nonfat for 2%, NO whip, etc.. etc... you should be able to treat yourself every now and then, but at 400 cals or so, it's dessert!
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    You should focus your addictions elsewhere.....have you considered smoking cigarettes?

bahahahahahaha i love you
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I'd been going to starbucks and getting the strawberries and cream with fat free milk, and I was going to suggest you to get something like that if they have it there, BUT I went on the site to get the calorie count and

I find out that the fat free milk version has 290 calories and add on the whipping cream it comes to 410! Holy **** I didn't think that getting the whipped cream on top could add that many calories -.- Better off throwing some fat free cool whip on there lol. Personally I've gone from whole milk to 2%, then afew months ago I went down to fat free milk. It's a change but every bit counts, and eventually you can get used to it :) I even drank fat free milk at a hotel bar the other day and a year or two ago I would have turned up my nose completely at anything fat free or even 2% lol

I would say the only way to break the habit, is to replace it with something else so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself from it. I used to grocery shop and buy a coke and a cheeseburger on the way home, now I buy a diet coke and some apples. And yes I know the diet coke isn't really good either but now I'm getting a LOT less calories and still feel like I'm not missing out.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    You have to have self control. How bad do you want to lose the weight?

How much do you like having money?
  • judy49650
    judy49650 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try weaning yourself off the large one and have a small one instead - that would reduce the calories. You could apply a rule ie only on Fridays! Judy
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    but at 400 cals or so, it's dessert!
    At 400 calories, that's a main meal!

Forget the "just have a small one" idea, you need to break the addiction, you know it's bad for you so just stop. Take a bottle of water instead, and feel smug as you march past drinking from it.

If you stop now, in ten days time you'll have lost an extra pound in weight and have saved $50.