Catcalling with a honk and wave?

Options

Replies

• bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    One time I was driving back home from a conference I attended in Toronto, this group of guys kept honking at me on the highway. In an attempt to avoid them I got off on an on route stop, thinking they would continue driving ahead of me. Nope, they followed me and attempted to get me to join them at a frat house in London. I laughed and told them I was a mother of three children and my family was waiting for me back home. Even if I was interested and available, I found it strange and scary that they followed me. I would never have gone regardless of the circumstances.

Something very similar happened to me as a teen. But the guy was by himself and he continued to follow me off my exit. I refused to go home and show this creep where i lived so i kept driving and ignoring till he gave up. It was very scary.

It's funny......a few yrs ago I followed this attractive girl off an exit, but she just kept driving and ignoring me following her.....I had to finally give up and never found out where she lived....;)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    One time I was driving back home from a conference I attended in Toronto, this group of guys kept honking at me on the highway. In an attempt to avoid them I got off on an on route stop, thinking they would continue driving ahead of me. Nope, they followed me and attempted to get me to join them at a frat house in London. I laughed and told them I was a mother of three children and my family was waiting for me back home. Even if I was interested and available, I found it strange and scary that they followed me. I would never have gone regardless of the circumstances.

Something very similar happened to me as a teen. But the guy was by himself and he continued to follow me off my exit. I refused to go home and show this creep where i lived so i kept driving and ignoring till he gave up. It was very scary.

It's funny......a few yrs ago I followed this attractive girl off an exit, but she just kept driving and ignoring me following her.....I had to finally give up and never found out where she lived....;)

:D:D:D ...im gonna pinch you...haha i started reading expecting a real piece of advice or story.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I get honks and waves ALL THE TIME!

Usually one finger waves, and ‘IT’S A ONE WAY STREET STUPID!’ Along with the honking.

Always makes me feel good.

Look... I'm in anger management, Ok?!
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Usually the honk and waves i get aren't the "friendly" kind. But then again they are mostly coming from me.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I get this sometimes but it makes me uncomfortable because I don't do well with attention. I usually just keep my RBF on and turn my music up louder.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Someone honking usually gets a middle finger from me.

I never do this. Instead, I blow them a kiss.

(might as well keep'em guessing)
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I live down the road from a truck rest stop. Most are just hard working people trying to take care of their families. Never had a problem with this ever.
  • visto989
    visto989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is this what my daughters have to look forward to? Good grief.
  • medic5492
    medic5492 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not to bust this chat down. But maybe they are just saying you are hot. Its not a bad thing.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This is completely normal where I live. To be honest I wouldn't expect anything less where I live.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    This is completely normal where I live. To be honest I wouldn't expect anything less where I live.

tenor.gif
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

tenor.gif

haha

Doublewides are popular here. :laugh:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    ‘You like that butt, don’t you. Yeah you do’

no ?

This was hurtful
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    DanR_85 wrote: »

tenor.gif

haha

Doublewide was my nickname in college. :neutral:

Congratulations on then weight loss then.

:huh:

Let's try not to assume.

Sorry - In my mind, my jokes are pure comedy genius. When they're said out loud, I'm actually a moron.

Love that emoji though.

Disregard Mr Dramapants, he’s fickle
  • caco_ethes
    Options

tenor.gif

haha

Let's try not to assume.

Sorry - In my mind, my jokes are pure comedy genius. When they're said out loud, I'm actually a moron.

Love that emoji though.

Heh, be that as it may, doesn't make me any less of an unfunny jacka*s:smile:

As long as you remember that you said it, not me :smirk:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    This doesn't happen often to me in my car, but the last time it did, it was two Hispanic dudes who pulled up to me at a stop light, honked a bit, waved until they got my attention, then when I looked at them to find out what the hell I was doing wrong, they held a paper up to the window with big goofy grins to ask me for my number.

Cute, but really awkward. At least there was a please in there and no stupid sexual comments, which is more than I can say about those situations in general.

Otherwise, I only get catcalled while walking.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

tenor.gif

haha

Let's try not to assume.

Love that emoji though.

Wut

What did I ever do?

Plus also, I'm not @leut_dramapants

Oh, I wasn’t talking about you.

Let’s try not to assume, Doublewide
  • caco_ethes
    Options

tenor.gif

haha

Let's try not to assume.

Love that emoji though.

Wut

What did I ever do?

Hrmph
  • caco_ethes
    Options

tenor.gif

haha

Let's try not to assume.

Love that emoji though.

Wut

What did I ever do?

Hrmph

But all I ever want to do is be what's tumbling out of your mouth, doublelicious. :bigsmile:

You’ll be happy to know that I mumble your name under my breath as many as one times per day