Favorite Thing You Ate Today

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Semolina porridge with kumquat preserves for breakfast. With how awesomely filling and how outright indulgent it feels for not many calories, I wonder why I don't have it as often. I'm probably just too lazy to keep stirring.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I am really amazed by how good the Gardein fishless filets are. For two days in a row I've had them in fish tacos with tartar sauce, pico de gallo, and shredded cabbage and they have been fabulous. It's probably good that I've finished the package as they are NOT a low-fat food. :wink:
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Homemade quiche for breakfast. Bacon, gruyere cheese, eggs, heavy cream, and a lard pie crust. I only make it for my husband's birthday. Back to yogurt and fruit for breakfast tomorrow.
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2018
    Steak, a burger, and pizza
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    A bacon, egg and hash brown roll
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    These little mini cheesecake things my aunt makes.
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Homemade strawberry ice cream that I made with fresh strawberries I picked. Yum!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I am really amazed by how good the Gardein fishless filets are. For two days in a row I've had them in fish tacos with tartar sauce, pico de gallo, and shredded cabbage and they have been fabulous. It's probably good that I've finished the package as they are NOT a low-fat food. :wink:

I feel the same about the chick'n patties Morning Star makes. The buffalo style is sooo tasty and you'd never guess it's not real meat. I mixed low fat mayo and ranch seasoning together to make a quick ranch sauce, topped it with loads of pickles, and completed the sandwich with a light hamburger bun. It reminded me of those Spicy McChicken sandwiches McDonald's used to make! You've inspired me to check out the fish now. Maybe I can recreate a fish filet ;)

Anyway, my favorite meal today was my breakfast: an everything bagel thin (110 calories) toasted with a white cheddar Laughing Cow Cheese wedge (35 cals), cucumber slices (0 cals), and Frank's Hot Sauce (0 cals). It was such a nice breakfast for only 145 calories!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    I just had fresh seedless watermelon Yum!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Ice cream with popping candy. I have too much fun with that stuff for my age.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Thai green curry with zucchini, cauliflower, onion, red bell pepper, carrots, coconut milk and lime. Super good.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Buffalo chicken pizza!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Weirdly, it was this spanish rice and egg dish I threw together for lunch. Leftover spanish rice with sauteed baby spinach, leftover grilled corn, and a couple over easy eggs on top.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Haven't eaten it yet, but I'm making spaghetti for dinner and I'm super excited about it!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Spinach with cut up yellow peaches in it, drizzled w/ balsamic. I love the summer fruits on a salad...it makes it SO much easier for me to get raw greens in.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Oh Yeah One bar in Almond Bliss flavor- tasted like an Almond Joy bar. Yum!
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    For lunch (in a hurry), I toasted a couple slices of Health Nut bread and made a sandwich of a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, spinach, tomato, cucumber and mushroom. It was sooooo good!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Jam filled donut from M&S. 194 calories of pure heaven.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018
    crazyravr wrote: »
    My protein cheesecake for breakfast :)
    Yum! I would not have the discipline to not eat the whole thing. Your recipe was delicious. Tried it when you'd initially shared it. Thanks!
    Buffalo chicken pizza!

Those were surprisingly good the first time I'd tried it.

Coffee, egg salad and 3 oz baked chicken.
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Chipotle: Salad, double chicken, veggies, little drop of sour cream and guac. My lunch every Wednesday.