Waist trimmers

Trying Sweetsweat for the first time today. Anyone try it before or any waist trimmer for that matter ? Opinions on whether or not it’s a scam? Is buying the sweat sweat oil worth it it would any coconut oil work?

muszrxbkayf2.jpeg

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    What exactly are you expecting it to do anyways..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Scam.
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    Looks nice, won't do a d@mn thing, but it looks nice.
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    Waist trainers and fit tea are scams that pray on those who believe anything
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited May 2018
    100% Scam.

Your wallet got lighter, though.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Yep a brilliant way to lose weight... in your wallet. They dont do anything to help and actually may hinder because you cant breath fully when wearing one.
  • SkylerisSquid
    SkylerisSquid Posts: 17 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »

They claim that the increased circulation can help to prevent injuries and speed up recovery time. For whatever reason while participating in Judo I have the tendency to sprain abdominal muscles. So I was hoping this would help.
  • cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member

They claim that the increased circulation can help to prevent injuries and speed up recovery time. For whatever reason while participating in Judo I have the tendency to sprain abdominal muscles. So I was hoping this would help.

maybe look into one of these https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/3-key-benefits-of-wearing-a-weightlfting-belt.html
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

They actually reduce circulation by acting as a tourniquet. If you're straining your core it's likely due to over exertion, having a weak core, and dehydration.

If it's recovery. You need to look at your diet and sleep regimen.

Also if you are frequently hurting yourself you are probably performing the moves incorrectly and should request more instruction.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Scam.

Basically they are ugly corsets. There are no miracle gadgets, oils, pills or foods that will cause weight loss. Eat at a calorie deficit works.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member

They claim that the increased circulation can help to prevent injuries and speed up recovery time.
    Nope.
    For whatever reason while participating in Judo I have the tendency to sprain abdominal muscles. So I was hoping this would help.
    If you're "spraining" abdominal muscles, it's because they are undeveloped. Wearing a "sweet sweat" belt ain't gonna fix that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member

Sounds like the real answer is to focus more on core strength.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    no
    scam

work on core strength instead and question your training if you keep getting the same injury

they aren't even good corsets. they don't provide proper support that a quality corset does