Coffee Creamer will be my downfall.

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the coconut milk creamers? I don't care for creamer, but I love coconut milk, and find it very creamy.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just make room for it in my daily cals. The sugar free is so gross!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've never tried coconut creamer, because I HATE coconut. I can taste the tiniest speck if it's in something.
  • luckygirlblue78
    Options
    Killin' me! I'm the same way, I love my coffee light and sweet! I was using real sugar and real half and half, but obviously that ended. :) I've tried the almond milk with splenda and nonfat half and half and non of it is the same. At this point I'm just using Splenda and Sugar Free Coffee Mate flavors, and using this as my indulgence. I don't have desert, I have my yummy coffee! And I feel a little better about it since I have it in the morning instead of sweets before bed. :)
  • HealthyAlp
    Options
    I love creamer too, especially the powder kind. Recently I've been drinking black or having it just with calorie free sweetener. I find it's just as good with skim milk.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Vanilla almond milk? It's thick and creamy, but super sweet. I don't know if it's any better for you, though. I only drink the unsweetened stuff (which is quite good in coffee, but not super-sweet).

Although, honestly, I used to drink only SUPER-sweet coffee, now I do just fine with coffee and almond milk.
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tbsp of international creamer & 1-2 tbsp of fat free half & half, like you, I like more creamer, but this helps with the sugar calories.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    1% or 2% milk or even whole milk or half and half but watch the calories
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am a coffee addict. I use zero calorie sweetener, one packet per cup, but I LOVE COFFEE CREAMER. Especially super sweet caramel vanilla flavors. The calories are insane, even in the non-fat creamers. Any ideas for a substitute?

sidenote- I don't eat dairy, so I'm limited to soy creamers or lactose-free creamers.

THANKS!
    don't sub them. Just measure out a serving size. 1 Tablespoon has around 35 to 40 calories and you might be able to squeak by with less if your using zero calorie sweeteners. I actually just use the creamer and a small cup and no sugar/sweetener since the cream is already sweet. It doesn't undo my calories and I really look forward to my morning cup of coffee not being ruined. lol
  • Chr1st1ine
    Chr1st1ine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! It brings my daily sugar up way to high..but I love flavored coffee!! I've gone to La Creme which is slightly better than Coffee Mate...ingredient wise..but still not great!! There were some great ideas on here that I will try!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    What if you use the 2 tbsp of creamer and lighten it up with skim or some almond milk?
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am a coffee addict. I use zero calorie sweetener, one packet per cup, but I LOVE COFFEE CREAMER. Especially super sweet caramel vanilla flavors. The calories are insane, even in the non-fat creamers. Any ideas for a substitute?

sidenote- I don't eat dairy, so I'm limited to soy creamers or lactose-free creamers.

THANKS!

Literally have no idea what this super-calorific 'creamer' stuff all you Americans are hooked on is. Is it cream? milk? flavoured cream? Sounds bizarre to my European ears.

You can actually buy flavoured coffee beans in the states though, if thats what you're looking for (my friend sends me them from Hawaii). The coffee tastes sweeter for no extra cals...

Me, I drink my coffee black apart from the first one of the day which I have with skimmed milk
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    http://www.coffee-mate.com

They are like adding a thickened cream to your coffee. You can get just about any flavor imaginable. It's not in the bean itself but the cream.

hmmmm almost time for pumpkin pie spice!!!
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    ohhh...No way in heck I am giving up my morning coffee. I cannot function without it and I have to have flavored creamer too. I started doing 30 day shred before coffee though...my brain hasn't awakened enough to talk me out of it!

I now do equal parts of flavored creamer with 2% milk
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Unsweetend almond milk 1/4 cup maybe add a hint of vanilla extract
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options

They are like adding a thickened cream to your coffee. You can get just about any flavor imaginable. It's not in the bean itself but the cream.

So, why not just buy the flavoured beans?
  • cantjustcant
    Options

So, why not just buy the flavoured beans?

I personally don't think the flavored beans actually have a different flavor. or at least not enough for me. Plus the cream takes away some of the bitter coffee flavor
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    I live in the land of Starbucks but had to eliminate caffeine a few years ago. My neighbor worked there and when I eliminated refined sugars from my diet she suggested I try honey in my decaf. I used to drink flavored creamers and several sugar packs a cup, ridiculous. Anyway, I love honey in black coffee, no creamer needed. If you buy local raw honey it's actual a health food! Try it, but it has to be good, thick honey.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I drank Coffeemate Hazelnut creamer for years and years but no longer do once i considedr how many wasted calories i consume over a years time. There are no health benefits at all only empty calories in most flavored creamers so i switched to Horizons Half and Half and still use some sugar and not only is it probably less then half the calories i consumed daily on coffee creamer alone its far more healthy of a choice. So i really didn't give up nothing but alot of useless lbs in the long term. Good Luck
  • justimogen
    Options
    I love creamers, as well - even the powdery processed kinds. I tried whole cream, dairy and non-dairy milks, etc. and nothing came close to the creamy deliciousness I was used to UNTIL I found Silk Soy Creamer and NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia (Alcohol Free). I now use that combination every time.