My Lowest Weight Ever! (Comparison Pics Included)

Options
Davidaw86
Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
edited May 2018 in Success Stories
I've finally hit my lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. I'm getting closer and closer to my goal weight. But this is a huge success for me. Last week I got really close to it (165.2 lbs) but all of a sudden, even though I was eating right, I went up by 2 pounds even though I was eating right (which was a tad bit frustrating). But this morning, I finally went below 165 by a huge jump.

Starting weight: 290 lbs
Last Lowest weight: 165 lbs
Current weight: 163.8

Starting shirt size: 3XL
Current shirt size: Medium
Starting pant size: 40
Current pant size: 28 (my waist is shrinking much faster than my stomach, lol).

I don't have a true goal weight, I'm just going until I no longer have a muffin top. :D

And here's my story (Copy and pasted from when I lost 100 lbs):
Davidaw86 wrote: »
I remember just starting to live healthier was hard enough. I was always telling myself that I'll start tomorrow morning, but then the morning came and I'd forget about everything I was going to do until after I had a large meal and then I'd tell myself I'd begin the next day instead. It turned into an ugly cycle until I'd think "screw it" and forget about being healthier for another couple of months.

The real kick in the pants was when I came out of the shower one day and was completely disgusted by what I saw in the mirror. It took a few days after the shower, but I was finally ready for a change. The complacent feeling I had about myself was finally gone. Instead of starting the healthy eating tomorrow, I started it with dinner that day. It's how everyone says, it's easy to do things tomorrow, because tomorrow never comes.

I started the diet with nothing but eyeballing portion sizes and deciding what would fit into my stomach and just be filling and not overstuff myself. I did that for about 5 days and did pretty good at that. I had lost 5 pounds before I added my next step, which was to join this site.

I work at a school, and I had remembered a teacher doing a choose your own work type assignment the previous school year. One of the assignments was to join this site and track their food intake for 2 weeks and write a 2 page paper about what they found out about themselves. So I figured I'd check out this site and try it out for myself. And it helped my change in eating immensely. I was still estimating food portions by using measuring cups or eyeballing, but it helped me remain more accurate in what I was eating, how much I was eating, and my calorie intake.

Then, the most important step I took was purchasing a food scale. It took about 2 months for me to get to that point, and I only wish I bought one so much sooner. At least when I was using the measuring cup it wasn't off by too much, but I can't eyeball things to save my life, lol. The scale was impeccable when it came to my new way of eating, and I can't not encourage people to use one if they are trying to eat better.

I have had numerous ups and downs while getting rid of unwanted pounds. One of the hardest was when I got stuck at a weight for 3 to 4 weeks. I won't lie, there were a few days when seeing that unchanging number (except to go up every once in a while) discouraged me enough that I thought about quitting. Thankfully I didn't entertain that thought for long. I kept telling myself that I would get past this bump, I just had to keep doing what I was doing.

Then there was the week I went on vacation and gained back about 8 pounds, which took a week to get back off. And most recently I had a birthday weekend (cake is the devil, there is no question about that). Luckily my birthday weekend only took 2 days to return to where I was and then some.

And now here are some comparison pics:
qee0e269w86k.pngxa5d1aeui9zx.png
h4d5hmyf3iud.pngvhavu0km4hdo.png

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Wow! WTG
  • Davidaw86
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Wow! WTG

Thank you Lori!
  • RooRow
    RooRow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I also appreciate the cat butt behind you in your picture! You're inspiring David.
  • Davidaw86
    Options
    RooRow wrote: »
    You look amazing! I also appreciate the cat butt behind you in your picture! You're inspiring David.

Thank you RooRow. Lol! At least she isn't camera shy. :D
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thats Awesome! I'm looking to make that kind of progress as well!! Thanks for the motivation bro!!!
  • Davidaw86
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!

Thanks Deadlifts!
    JREmore wrote: »
    Thats Awesome! I'm looking to make that kind of progress as well!! Thanks for the motivation bro!!!

You'll get there JREmore, just takes time. Glad I could motivate you.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well done David. Your story helps motivate me!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Excellent work- keep it up!
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You've just motivated me to purchase a food scale. Awesome job!
  • myfitnesspalsophie
    myfitnesspalsophie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! Great job!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    You are Spartacus. Well done!
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thats a lot of commitment right there! very well done.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing! Very handsome and years younger, well done!
  • Lodewyk56
    Lodewyk56 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • Davidaw86
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all for the amazing comments. They mean a lot.

Lodewyk, I'm 5'10"
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a difference! I am not sure I can say I am at my lowest as an adult, but it is the lowest in about 34 years.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I know you have worked hard for this!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!!
  • Davidaw86
    Options
    Wow - what a difference! I am not sure I can say I am at my lowest as an adult, but it is the lowest in about 34 years.

Congratulations on reaching a low like that in such a long time! Sounds like you're doing awesome.
    Fantastic! I know you have worked hard for this!

Thank you Creationscrown, it's taken a long 9 1/2 months. So much easier in the beginning, losing sometimes 2 to 2.5 pounds a day when I was at my heaviest. Lately, I'm lucky if I hit 0.4 lbs a day. At least it's a good indicator that I'm getting really close to my goal.
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Awesome transformation!!

Thanks a bunch Debmal. I'm happy to look healthier.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!