Drinkin h2o as midnight snack

Options
That moment when youve been up writing papers and see its 12:44 am, so u decide to head for bed but your tummy starts making those noices even though youve maxed out in all your macros lol yep thats me rn , but im strong! Ive decided to just sip on this h2o until I fall asleep

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Water isn't a snack
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I know you are, but what am I?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You could just have food and count it towards the next day food considering it's past midnight and technically the next day
  • MrSouthSide
    MrSouthSide Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've found Pellegrino really cuts down on my cravings. I guess that's because they're largely psychological and sparkling water gives me about the same mouth pleasure as diet soda. (Or maybe the bubbles trick my stomach into thinking I've actually eaten something.)
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    No way would I make it till morning if I'm drinking water that late at night which would lead me to be sleep deprived which makes me want a quick fix sugar snack vicious circle
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    That moment when youve been up writing papers and see its 12:44 am, so u decide to head for bed but your tummy starts making those noices even though youve maxed out in all your macros lol yep thats me rn , but im strong! Ive decided to just sip on this h2o until I fall asleep

Perhaps tweak meal timing so you aren't famished before bedtime. Check to see that your weekly weight loss goal is not too aggressive (ie: daily calories too low for you).

Protein, fiber and fat are the usual satiating components, but it's a different combination for everyone. I like to snack on popcorn before bed (fiber & some fat).
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I try that, but it never works for me, and I absolutely cannot sleep when that happens. Now I just plan for a "midnight snack". If I don't need it, awesome. But if I do, I don't have to worry about deciding between sleep and calories.
  • doux_et_fort
    doux_et_fort Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing lll
  • doux_et_fort
    doux_et_fort Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love popcorn. White cheddar to be exact. Ive tried many brands, comparing nutritional facts of all popcorn white cheddar. My go to is Skinny Pop and Trader Joes movie theater. Both yummy and guiltless. What brand or flavor do you like?
  • EifionCockram
    EifionCockram Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Angie's Boom Chicka Sweet & Salty popcorn. I could eat a whole bag in one sitting and not realize it hehehe ;)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Water isn't a snack

True, but deprivation is a virtue.