Under 1500 Calorie Friends? Ex Smoker friends?

MamaNess2018
MamaNess2018 Posts: 19 Member
edited May 2018 in Getting Started
Hi all!
I’ve been tracking me diet for about a month and am just now starting to look at the community boards. I need some friends!
I quit smoking on March 2nd and gained 15 lbs. my goal is to lose that weight and get back into shape - by watching my eating and working out.
I’m a petite person, so my calorie allowance is really low.
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there with similar goals!

Replies

• zippie2223
    zippie2223 Posts: 37 Member
    4.5 years since i quit smoking. Lost 60 lbs on 1500 calories per day
  • MamaNess2018
    MamaNess2018 Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2018
    That is awesome! Congrats! I’ve been a smoker since I was in my teens, and now as a 34 year old single mom have found the motivation to quit for good! I’m close to the 3 month mark and struggling a little bit, but I know that normal and I’m focusing on health to get me through it!
  • brannanj2013
    brannanj2013 Posts: 5 Member
    That's great keep it up. I quit smoking 3 years ago and was doing great with my weight until things happened and I am depressed really bad taking pills for it and also insomnia meds too. Since depression I have gained allot and just frequently started getting back on the saddle of my workouts again. My calorie intake is low always have been I hardly ever been able to hit 1200 total
  • scarey0022
    scarey0022 Posts: 15 Member
    1340 is my calorie goal, although I tread closer to 1000 most days. I just quit smoking last week! I stopped smoking the second I got a positive pregnancy test when I was pregnancy with my son, but started back smoking after breast feeding. I realized it honestly made me feel like trash and I would find myself only smoking most of the time if someone else was smoking around me to have something to do. Nonetheless it continued through every “I’ll quit tomorrow” and then finally I decided if I could quit smoking for the sake of my son when I was pregnancy and feeding him, I could quit for myself. I’m only 20 but smoking since 15, so I’m sure it was a bit easier for me than those who have been smoking longer. I haven’t really even had the urge to smoke in 6 days!
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    I quit smoking April 4th! lost 10lbs so far. I eat about 1500 calories a day, sometimes bmore.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    I’m an ex smoker! (Feb 2008) and also on a 1500 calorie limit- although I’m not hitting that goal right now.

I am logging honest and my diary is open to friends
  • beccapax
    beccapax Posts: 24 Member
    Former smoker, but quit about 15 years ago when I found out I was pregnant - but I had it easy, I was too sick to smoke! My max is about 1500 cal/day, but I'm usually at about 1200. Congrats on quitting!!!
  • Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Hey there! I eat 1000-1200 A day. I've lost 14lbs so far. Always looking for more motivational friends.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Not an ex smoker but I’m on 1400 calories at the moment and seem to be losing 1-2lb a week ☺️I’ve got an open diary so feel free to add me if you like!
  • mcash540
    mcash540 Posts: 11 Member
    I cut at least 50lbs in a few months eating 1400 calories on keto. Probably a bit lower than I should have went but it worked. Now I stick with 2800-3500 cals with no fat gain.
  • devilcoach
    devilcoach Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I’m an ex smoker. I quit 2 and a half years ago when i found out i was pregnant. Ever since quitting and getting pregnant i have gained 30 pounds. I need to lose about 50 pounds as i am very short. Only 5feet. Today is only day three of my diet and i am at 1200 calories a day. I truly hope i have the motivation to lose this weight so i can be healthier for myself and my daughter. We can do this!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not a smoker, but I'm losing 1-2lbs/wk on 1400 cals.
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Haven't been a smoker for 16 years, also low calorie, I'd love to add support to your daily wall! I'm also petite and life very well on low calories!
  • jessicarose22492
    jessicarose22492 Posts: 59 Member
    I still smoke socially but ex-drinker & gained wait from that. I'm losing now off 1200/day. Add me!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    5' 5" - Started at 140lbs - Currently at 127
    Ex smoker on 1350 calories
  • Ydolem80
    Ydolem80 Posts: 2 Member
    Not smoker but am on 1200 cal a day. Looking for positive community support. Thanks.
  • withypoll
    withypoll Posts: 47 Member
    @MamaNess2018 congrats on quitting! 1230 cal per day here with about 5 pounds left to lose. Maintenance is my downfall so I'm in this for the long haul. Anyone in this thread, feel free to add me. I can use more friends in my feed that can relate to diligent planning and calorie restrictions.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    I quit smoking 9 years ago and gained 30 pounds. So far, I've lost 33.8, but I eat more than 1500 calories.
  • opheliakcv9
    opheliakcv9 Posts: 8 Member
    I am eating 1200 calories. I'm not petite though, I'm 175cm. I never smoked for real but rarely I have one when I am offered, which didn't happened for a year now lol.
  • EifionCockram
    EifionCockram Posts: 122 Member
    Good for you!!!
    Like you I recently quit smoking as well; 2 1/2 months now. I was a smoker since my early early teens. And again like you I'm a wee lad. I did notice that I gained nearly 7kg since quiting but I'm getting out and exercising (walking) and tracking everything I eat and keep my count under. My next step is to start eating healthier.
    Good luck everyone