Anyone doing keto?

Options
Is anyone on here following a keto diet. I’ve been doing it for a year and half and see great results. How’s your journey going

Replies

• Grodriguez919
    Grodriguez919 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me me me! 1 month down...lost 1.5lb per week...im loving it...n the food...just looking for new recipes now....
  • Bikermama2fourboys
    Bikermama2fourboys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very new to Keto. Started Saturday but only started MFP on Sunday.
    So far so good. I’m at the end of my rope, so I need to stick with this.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I love carbs way too much to try it. @Bikermama2fourboys, if keto doesn't work for you, there are other options. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me! I just started keto again. Add me!
  • anisecas
    anisecas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I've done a lot of reading- hope we all experience great sucess
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do low carb and would like some low carb or keto friends
  • vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Keto has been a great success for me lost 50lbs in a year and a half ... now hitting the gym to get lean ... don’t intend to lose more weight

Keeping keto simple has kept me on long term and probably forever ... a cheat meal or two during a months time
  • vgentile990
    Options
    anisecas wrote: »
    I just started today. I've done a lot of reading- hope we all experience great sucess

The first week is the worse ... getting past that it’ll be much easier. Make sure your taking in salt because the first 10lbs is all water and you’ll lose electrolytes in the process
  • lempeck214
    lempeck214 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

The first week is the worse ... getting past that it’ll be much easier. Make sure your taking in salt because the first 10lbs is all water and you’ll lose electrolytes in the process

Was curious how does one take in enough salt?
  • vgentile990
    Options
    lempeck214 wrote: »

Was curious how does one take in enough salt?

What I do is add Himalayan salt to everything I eat and that does the trick ... but that me ... everyone is different so you’ll have to experiment yourself to see what works
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    I love carbs way too much to try it. @Bikermama2fourboys, if keto doesn't work for you, there are other options. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

I don’t think just having a calorie deficit is best ... because you might not be getting all the nutrients your body needs

Coming from the person nearly completely cutting out their body’s main source of energy and going on egg fasts... a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight, but how one balances nutrition while maintaining that defecit, well, to each their own on that I suppose...