Will the last 15 pounds make a (dramatic) difference?

Options
I was 15 pounds away from my goal before getting pregnant, but I still was very unhappy with my body composition (30+ BF%). Losing the last 15 pounds would have put me around 20% if I didn’t lose much muscle. Would I have seen a big difference?

Now that I’m pregnant I’m sure after having the baby I’ll have more than the last 15 to lose, but I’m just curious.

I’m 5’1” and was 126lbs.

Replies

• summpear
    summpear Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I think it really depends and 15lbs can affect you differently at different weights.

I started out with 30-35 to lose. My first 10, I'm the only one to really notice. My next 5, started seeing underlying muscle tone and clothes fitting better. Next 8 is when it has suddenly dropped off my face and all of me is noticeably skinnier.

I'm 8lbs off my original goal, and i may drop anther 5ish beyond that - we'll see how things look when that next 8 come off ;)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It can, especially if you were lifting and retaining muscle as you lose.. 30% to 20% bodyfat is usually a pretty significant difference.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm 5'0 and the last 15 lbs (to just under 110) made a huge difference. Brought me from a size 4-6 to a size 0-2.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes, 15lbs will make a big difference especially as you were small to start with.

I started at 167, so not really small.

Thanks everyone for answering though! :blush: I’m excited to start losing again after I’m cleared!
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    Yes. I'm 5'0 and the last 15 lbs (to just under 110) made a huge difference. Brought me from a size 4-6 to a size 0-2.

It seems like we have similar goals. I am a size 6 now, so it’s exciting to know so much change can happen with 15 pounds!

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    It does for me since I am 5'0. It is a matter of 3 dress sizes.
  • raviiin
    raviiin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and even 10 lbs makes a huge difference on my body, my current coal is to get from around 124 to 115
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yes, 15lbs will make a big difference especially as you were small to start with.

I started at 167, so not really small.

Thanks everyone for answering though! :blush: I’m excited to start losing again after I’m cleared!

I read that as taking 15lbs off a starting weight of 126.