Elongated vs round toilet?

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
We replaced our 20yo round toilet with an elongated one.

I'm not sure I'm happy about it. It seems less comfortable (which is against what every google article seems to tell you). Granted, we had no choice, we have a non standard rough-in and it was the only option with smooth sides (must for me, I HATE cleaning the sides with all the dog hair that accumulates there).

My male friend says that he much prefers elongated toilets (I guess I can see why).

Thoughts?

Replies

• cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Personally I find the elongated toilets more comfortable and convenient.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited May 2018
    Your butt became accustomed to the round toilet. Give it time and your rear-end will come aROUND.
  • cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Well done with the dad joke, your profile picture actually matches it perfectly for some reason.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I don't really care either way, however I will say I will never, ever again buy a porcelain (I think that's the material) seat cover! Young boys and those just don't mix (they stain underneath with boys who can't aim). /rant
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    The taller height and elongated bowls are 1. *kitten* awesome 2. Much appreciated. As a man, they're awesome and I am ashamed of the human race that it took so long for them to be developed and become common place. :grumpycat:
  • JustSomeJD
    I'm not understanding why the elongated ones are so popular with the guys.

I didn't even know there were different ones and I spent an embarrassing amount of time google imaging toilets on my work computer

Simply put, you don't have to cram your manhood down with an elongated bowl and it's more comfortable overall. To *kitten* with manhandling (no pun intended) morning wood down into the bowl. You have a couple of options with that one. 1. Lean against the wall with your head in a delicate balancing act and try to point it in the right direction. 2. Shower. Turn it on and let loose. <-- Not really a hit with the wife, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    This has been enlightening.
  • JustSomeJD
    It's a figure it out on your own kind of thing. No one is coming to your rescue when you find yourself in such a situation. Actually, no man ever, has called for help upon finding himself in said situation. You just figure it out. It's part of being a man, like killing bugs and looking into scary noises at night. It's a thing we do. We were made for this.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD wrote: »
    It's a figure it out on your own kind of thing. No one is coming to your rescue when you find yourself in such a situation. Actually, no man ever, has called for help upon finding himself in said situation. You just figure it out. It's part of being a man, like killing bugs and looking into scary noises at night. It's a thing we do. We were made for this.

Perfect! The second I get a chance to use that I will. "No YOU kill the spider! If you can piss with a woody you can kill a spider"

Solid. Please report back the second this situation is resolved. I want to hear the response.
  • JustSomeJD
    If you grow up without a dad, that is also something you figure out on your own. It's like touching a hot stove, the learning curve is steep, but remembered.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    ehw4vd8hd0z7.jpg
  • JustSomeJD
    True story, but missing the Warrior 3 pose.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited May 2018
    If you hold your hand out with fingers spread with thumb pointing up, the positioning of the fingers are the degrees of men's erections. As a man you don't want to be the pinky, for a variety of reasons ;)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member

I didn't even know there were different ones and I spent an embarrassing amount of time google imaging toilets on my work computer

So sweet, so sheltered. :flowerforyou: @MeeseeksAndDestroy

Because morning wood is a pain and doesn't usually subside until we whiz. This can't be done standing, as we're pointed at true north. Even worse is the nighttime version of this, where we attempt to do our business while 90% asleep at 3am.

If a guy is endowed enough, a conventional bowl isn't really an option. Even an elongated bowl may not be enough and is splashback city. Nobody likes splashback.

In short, conventional bowl = evil.

Interesting! I like the way you explain things. How does sitting help with the true north situation...I feel like it'd still be up?

It is, but you forcibly bend it down...gently as you can. And lean way forward. It's not pleasant. Guys that get less north in erection angle have it better. There's all kinds of angles, of course. My own just happens to point straight up. It's a pita for this particular issue.
    JustSomeJD wrote: »

Simply put, you don't have to cram your manhood down with an elongated bowl and it's more comfortable overall. To *kitten* with manhandling (no pun intended) morning wood down into the bowl. You have a couple of options with that one. 1. Lean against the wall with your head in a delicate balancing act and try to point it in the right direction. 2. Shower. Turn it on and let loose. <-- Not really a hit with the wife, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is fascinating. I want to know all the angles now...I should take a poll. How come men haven't just invented some sort of funnel on the side of the toilet you can pee straight into or something.

Does every guy sort of just have to figure it out? Or one day did your Dad just say "try leaning forward with your head against the wall"

I think I've seen this in a kybo before. As a mom of boys, I'm all for this modified toilet.

Elongated bowls aren't great for short people, my feet swing/dangle. I changed an elongated toilet to a round after moving for that reason.