Elongated vs round toilet?

2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    We've got one of each so I guess best of both worlds? ha
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I'm not understanding why the elongated ones are so popular with the guys.

I didn't even know there were different ones and I spent an embarrassing amount of time google imaging toilets on my work computer

So sweet, so sheltered. :flowerforyou: @MeeseeksAndDestroy

Because morning wood is a pain and doesn't usually subside until we whiz. This can't be done standing, as we're pointed at true north. Even worse is the nighttime version of this, where we attempt to do our business while 90% asleep at 3am.

If a guy is endowed enough, a conventional bowl isn't really an option. Even an elongated bowl may not be enough and is splashback city. Nobody likes splashback.

In short, conventional bowl = evil.

Interesting! I like the way you explain things. How does sitting help with the true north situation...I feel like it'd still be up?

It is, but you forcibly bend it down...gently as you can. And lean way forward. It's not pleasant. Guys that get less north in erection angle have it better. There's all kinds of angles, of course. My own just happens to point straight up. It's a pita for this particular issue.
    JustSomeJD wrote: »

I didn't even know there were different ones and I spent an embarrassing amount of time google imaging toilets on my work computer

Simply put, you don't have to cram your manhood down with an elongated bowl and it's more comfortable overall. To *kitten* with manhandling (no pun intended) morning wood down into the bowl. You have a couple of options with that one. 1. Lean against the wall with your head in a delicate balancing act and try to point it in the right direction. 2. Shower. Turn it on and let loose. <-- Not really a hit with the wife, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Does every guy sort of just have to figure it out? Or one day did your Dad just say "try leaning forward with your head against the wall"

Back yard.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    I figured this would be boring...

I was wrong.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    slessofme wrote: »

So sweet, so sheltered. :flowerforyou: @MeeseeksAndDestroy

Because morning wood is a pain and doesn't usually subside until we whiz. This can't be done standing, as we're pointed at true north. Even worse is the nighttime version of this, where we attempt to do our business while 90% asleep at 3am.

If a guy is endowed enough, a conventional bowl isn't really an option. Even an elongated bowl may not be enough and is splashback city. Nobody likes splashback.

In short, conventional bowl = evil.

Interesting! I like the way you explain things. How does sitting help with the true north situation...I feel like it'd still be up?

It is, but you forcibly bend it down...gently as you can. And lean way forward. It's not pleasant. Guys that get less north in erection angle have it better. There's all kinds of angles, of course. My own just happens to point straight up. It's a pita for this particular issue.
    JustSomeJD wrote: »

Simply put, you don't have to cram your manhood down with an elongated bowl and it's more comfortable overall. To *kitten* with manhandling (no pun intended) morning wood down into the bowl. You have a couple of options with that one. 1. Lean against the wall with your head in a delicate balancing act and try to point it in the right direction. 2. Shower. Turn it on and let loose. <-- Not really a hit with the wife, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is fascinating. I want to know all the angles now...I should take a poll. How come men haven't just invented some sort of funnel on the side of the toilet you can pee straight into or something.

Does every guy sort of just have to figure it out? Or one day did your Dad just say "try leaning forward with your head against the wall"

I think I've seen this in a kybo before. As a mom of boys, I'm all for this modified toilet.

Elongated bowls aren't great for short people, my feet swing/dangle. I changed an elongated toilet to a round after moving for that reason.

Perfect!
    49pdjzzeq6lj.png

Great find!