Weight Watchers Online

Options
Seeing if WW online has worked for anyone on here, helping you stay motivated and accountable since you are paying for it? Toying w the idea, $20 a month but kind of worried of all their “ point free” foods that you don’t track but I feel you should since they have calories in them.

Replies

• mjc8080
    mjc8080 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good points. Plus it costs $ but I tend to like your reasons you listed. Just curious, if I have a lot of weight to lose, should I start at 2, 1.5, or 1 lb a week as my goal?
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a life time member with WW and have lost a total of 23kg. Basically I follow the WW program but still use this web site to log and for motivation. My story is on my profile if you want to add me I'm happy to share my experience with you.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I use the Weight Watchers Good Health Guidelines but track calories on myfitnesspal for financial reasons.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers online only worked for me if I was trying to lighten my wallet up. Everything I had there I have here and it's free. Frankly their current diet is not sustainable for me so I wouldn't be able to stick to it anyway. If you think it would work for you feel free but I paid for WW online for probably 20 years and didn't lose weight until I left them. I came here 2 years ago and am down 106 pounds (this includes 20 lbs lost pre-MFP).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    mjc8080 wrote: »
    Good points. Plus it costs $ but I tend to like your reasons you listed. Just curious, if I have a lot of weight to lose, should I start at 2, 1.5, or 1 lb a week as my goal?

Well, what is "a lot?"
  • mjc8080
    mjc8080 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Well, what is "a lot?"
    . 100 lbs to be at my goal

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm a fan of figuring out a calorie intake amount that you can comfortably sustain that's still at a deficit rather than putting a time frame on speed of loss. With ~100 pounds to lose, you have a lot of wiggle room with the amount of deficit that you can create. You might start with a setting of 1.5 pounds per week and see how that calorie level works for you.

IMO, it's better to lose an average of 0.5 pounds per week doing something that you'll keep doing than it is to try to lose 2 pounds per week and give up. Any forward progress is good.

I would suggest that you begin by logging how you normally eat for a week or two. That will give you some data. You can then look back through to see where you might eat smaller portions and/or make satisfying substitutions. I aim for 80% of my calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treats.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    When I did WW, I liked the support from the meetings, but didn't find the online program motivating in the same way. (And yet, the MFP forums and groups have been a godsend. Go fig...) I came to MFP because it was free. I'm still here because it works!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

Well, what is "a lot?"
    . 100 lbs to be at my goal

Without knowing your actual stats there is room for error but you SHOULD be fine starting at 2lb per week but will want to reduce that later on. Personally I had 40lbs to lose and went with 0.5lb per week the whole time.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I quit paying for WW, and instead bought the upgraded version of MFP. It doesn't hold the same "OMG have to use it because I'm paying for it" *kitten*, but it does make it easier to use (for me).
  • lisamarieb64mfp
    lisamarieb64mfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been following WW (but old Points Plus plan not Freestyle) since the end of January - I'm using iTrackBites to track (they have plans similar to WW new and older plans) my points. It was free when I joined but they are now charging a yearly fee - think it's somewhere in the $30something range but don't know for sure (special pricing for those that had it before the upgrade). I had 4+ successful years of maintenance tracking calories but once major peri symptoms hit my metabolism slowed down and I had a hard time eating less when I knew what the cals were. Totally just a mind game but whatever works....