I've got a jar of nutella in the house....

Options
....AND I HAVEN'T BEEN EATING IT OUT OF THE JAR BY THE SPOONFUL!!!!!
GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!
Usually I never buy it because I can't resist the deliciousness, but so far so good... Still not buying any peanut butter cups though lol.
Anything you guys can't usually keep in the house or it just gets eaten? :)

Replies

• sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So much lol
    Cookies, chips, chocolate syrup... cheese... I have no self control
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    potato chips, oreos, any non-Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie (I love Thin Mints and have no idea why I can stop at two unlike any other GS cookies?)

Used to be peanut butter, but I've mostly conquered that one!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    chips, cheesey puff corn- I'll just sit there and eat the whole darn bag!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Oreos, pints of Ben & Jerry's. I'm sure there's more but those are the top two.

Congrats on learning how to moderate Nutella! I can moderate some foods, but not others, so I don't make myself crazy by trying.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Jaffa cakes. If I open a box I eat the lot, that's 12 jaffa cakes all at once.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies (the homemade kind) and apparently tootsie rolls because I ate way too many of them this weekend.

However, I have successfully kept a jar of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter since before Christmas. Just a smidge on a caramel rice cake from time to time. No clue why I've managed to moderate this, but just a little and I'm happy.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Oh man Nutella is one of my weaknesses! I can think up any excuse imaginable to eat it. I also just bought a jar. As long as it stays in my pantry, I can avoid thinking about it for the most part. Other foods I usually avoid either buying or keeping out where I can see them are Oreo's, and chips. Both are just too easy to mindlessly eat way too many. I only eat those occasionally for that reason. I suppose home made cookies are on the list too. If they're out, we need to eat them before they "go bad". So they disappear quickly.
  • ellie7187
    ellie7187 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the sudden urge to shop at the grocery store on my way home and pick up some Nutella...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Ritter sport milk chocolate bar with the butter biscuit in it HNNNNNNG
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    It used to be peanut butter for me, but thankfully I went wayyy past that.
    Then it was nutella. I would literally dunk a finger, no spoon required, like an animal.
    Two months ago, my roommate brought a jar of nutella and made another batch herself.
    One spoonful (just to kill the urge) and it did not happen again, so I guess that's progress?

But now it's dark chocolate covered hazelnuts. I don't even realize I am eating them until it's time to throw away the empty bag.

Pox on you, hazelnuts.
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do pretty good but it's really hard with peanut butter cups, and cheez it crackers. If I were to eat one cracker, I would eat the whole box.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I like ice cream. Hard to stop at one serving
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Cadbury’s chocolate. I’ve realised that I have no self control so won’t buy it anymore. I could eat a family block in 1 sitting! Saving my calories and buying dark chocolate or gourmet truffles that I can have some self control over and taste amazing
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Dislike nutella, prefer creamy Jif or Skippy PB.
  • tropicalchicy
    tropicalchicy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I don't trust myself with nutella either, I haven't had it in the house for years
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    - Peanut butter.
    - Mint and chips ice cream.
    - Oreos. Chips Ahoy.

Those are the main things where portion control becomes a struggle --because there's a big gap between a sensible portion that fits into my calorie allowance and my ideal, enthusiastic portions where I'm left satisfied! Lol/sob.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Cookies, cakes, doughnuts, Kit Kats, Cheetos, Doritos, Ritz Bitz Cheese Crackers, McDonalds...all weaknesses. I also have a Nutella addiction. I solved that by buying the mini cups and drizzling it on my fruit or stirring it in coffee (yes, it's delicious).
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm not a huge Nutella fan but my daughter is and she'll eat it out of the jar with her fingers- which makes it so I'm less likely to eat any after that :s I will sometimes make Nutella brownies with it.

The only things I keep out of the house are chips unless we need them for a meal because hubs will go to town on them. Oh and hummus... I do eat that by the spoonful, whoops. Everything else I'm pretty good about portioning out and eating if it fits.
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    PUT DOWN THE SPOON AND STEP AWAY FROM THE NUTELLA!

Ha, I know you are doing ok, but I just put that there in case anything . . . changes.

I don't want anything salty or sweet in the house. I have too little self-control. I'll be doing well, ignoring what's sitting around, then, BAM. I've finished off a box of graham crackers b/c I couldn't find anything better in the house.

Sad but true.