What are your favorite work lunches?!

Options
I just would like some inspiration- getting bored with mine so tell me your favorite work lunches :). I can pretty much make anything that doesn’t require a crock pot!

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    My typical go to is leftovers from last nights dinner.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Right now I'm digging spinach salads with parmesan cheese, english cucumbers, a boiled egg, Italian dressing and some grilled chicken thigh--usually with a few crackers on the side.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Left over dinner
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Marinate and bake chunks of chicken breasts. Freeze some and rotate different "flavors" to take with salad.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    A simple sandwich and a piece of fruit. No refrigerator.
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Couscous with salad and a source of protein such as chicken or turkey
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We do:
    a protein source like chicken, tuna, beef
    with veggies such as roasted peppers, sweet potato and red onion, broccoli, kale, spinach, corn, peas, courgette, squash, carrot, stir fry veg like pac choi and bean sprouts and water chesnuts
    add a base such as rice, cous cous or potato
    choose a flavour: either i will cook the chicken or beef in a seasoning or add a small amount of sweet chilli or hosin sauce to fish.

today i have chicken (plain) with cous cous mixed with tumeric and cumin powder. added rocket, spinach, sweet potato, pepper, mozzarella, sultanas and red onion.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I prep salads every week
    The only difference is what I marinated the chicken in so it feels a bit different weekly.
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Today I brought green beans, brown rice, curried chickpeas, and fruit. Some days I bring salad and crackers. I tend to prefer bringing leftover dinner. Occasionally I bring a PBJ on whole wheat, and fresh fruit.
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If I prep lunch, it's very likely a wrap with quorn and soft cheese, various veggies, and a few pieces of fruit. Sometimes I also have a bar or a 25g serving of crisps as well.

I might prep a salad for tomorrow since I have a lovely balsamic glaze and goats cheese... we'll see :)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I do the same as CarvedTones with the marinated grilled chicken, but I usually pair it with a grain and veggies. This week's grain is couscous, but I've done quinoa as well. You can marinate or dress it in practically anything and change up the flavor every time.
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Cook a big pot of soup, stew, or chili on the weekend. Freeze in lunch-sized portions. Serve with a small salad (also prep'd several in advance) or bread depending on how filling the soup is.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Arianera wrote: »
    Cook a big pot of soup, stew, or chili on the weekend. Freeze in lunch-sized portions. Serve with a small salad (also prep'd several in advance) or bread depending on how filling the soup is.

Yes. I love doing this because soups, stews, and chilis actually improve in flavor over time. I have five chilis and a split pea soup in the freezer right now!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been bring frozen shrimp and homemade cocktail sauce. Because I'm fancy.

Seriously, though. It defrosts by lunchtime and it packs a protein punch. I'll usually pair it with some cut veg or/and a string cheese.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I give myself 20 minutes to cook and prep my salad in the morning as it tastes that much fresher. Normally I have something like:
    - Rice or couscous
    - hard boiled egg or grilled chicken
    - Salad containing: salad leaves (depending on what I've bought, but normally a mix of lettuce, watercress, spinach & rocket), cucumber, spring onions, a tomato and green peppers. I normally dress the salad with a crack of salt and pepper, and sometimes a wee bit of balsamic vinegar for flavour. If I can spare the calories and I'm bored, I'll chuck in some seeds or nuts into the salad.

I also like to keep these parts in separate tubs before I eat them, so that they don't go soggy or anything like that.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    For me it's usually something like this:

turkey or roast beef sandwich on Double Fiber Natures Own bread, a little mustard, spinach and tomato
    some reduced fat Cheeze Its or pretzels
    a piece of fruit - usually an apple
    a spinach salad drizzled w/ a low-cal balsamic vinaigrette (or a "balsaret" as we call it in our house)

My favorite is if I have some yummy leftovers from dinner the night before.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I prep chicken breasts, too, on Sunday on the smoker. Then I use them different ways, on salad, in a wrap, with a baked potato, etc.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I just would like some inspiration- getting bored with mine so tell me your favorite work lunches :). I can pretty much make anything that doesn’t require a crock pot!

Picnic foods are my Spring/Summer favourite lunch bites:
    • Sausage rolls (only with Italian sweet or Italian hot) with red cabbage coleslaw
    • Foil fish fillet with vegetables
    • Baked chicken breast with panzanella salad
    • Steamed turkey filled dumplings with dipping sauce
    • Seaweed with mixed seafood salad
    • Loaded egg salad on toast
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Tortilla and veggie burger wrap