Do you weigh yorself daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Options
13»

Replies

• superaustinbell
    superaustinbell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every 2 weeks gives me motivation and mini challenges
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Every day as I like data and it motivates me. Theres no right or wrong its down to what suits your personality.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Twice a week on my regular day Wednesday and Sunday or Monday.
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Daily. I understand the ups and downs. Used to log weekly ( here I am new but did ww online to take off 75lbs In07/08 back up a fair amount but not all). The biggest mistake I made during maintence is decide after maintaining for nearly 3 years was to take a break from the scale and tracking. For me I need the feedback loop. Well that 6 months I went from 152 to 180. That was in 2011 then I stayed there for few years and now I started here up 55 out of the 75 lost. Weighing daily (since it works for me) and even got a wireless scale so it tracks the weight daily as well.

If it works for others to weigh themselves once a week or once a month great. I am not one of those people. I have also come to terms with the idea that I will never be the type of person who can not have a calorie goal and not track thier food but just eat normally when they are hungry. The feedback of the tools and weighing gave me the infomation to make the choices daily that kept me at goal for 3 years. As soon as I stopped using the tools I gained weight back.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh each morning. I don't worry too much if I gain a little on one day or don't lose any on another as long as my weekly weigh in (which is on Friday) is down from the previous week. I will also measure once a week and set weekly goals.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I only record is on Friday. I like to see the fluctuations and how my body is reacting but I don't think it's necessary to record, at least not for me. My friday weigh in is my official one for mfp and for weight loss.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time just to see but only record my weight each friday to see the progress I've made over the week.
  • eydiedenise
    eydiedenise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It doesn't drive me crazy, but it helps me to not gain weight. The only problem is I'm currently not losing weight and that drives me crazy. I'm exercising and I believe I eat well, so I'm confused.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @eydiedenise It could be that you're transforming fat into muscle. Muscle is compacter and weighs more... :smiley: Are you measuring yourself? :smiley:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I seem to sabotage myself if I weigh myself and my doctor has me on such a hard diet as it is because of my autoimmune disease that I dont need to be depressed on top of hungry. I decided when I see my doctor once every six weeks I will weigh in then..plus my pants tell me if I am losing weight. I would recommend once a week weighins though. They are much more satisfying than once a day.
  • shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm only three weeks in so I still weigh every few days sometimes consecutivey. I think once I get into the swing of things and get the frist 20lbs off, I'll TRY to only weigh once a week. I'm 7lbs down...13lbs to go before that first milestone. I think it helps me because I'm so new to counting carbs. I need that reassurance that I'm doing this right lol. Alright I'll admit I'm obsessive too.
  • sneaky_teaky
    sneaky_teaky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record it in an excel spreadsheet. This way even if I chose poorly the day before, I can look at my line graph and see that I am still losing overall and what I need to do to get back down again. 25 pounds gone and 41 to go! Those last two spikes was the day out with my friends and the night I caved and wanted chinese. Later today I have a birthday party to attend, but I am determined to still be social and have fun with the knowledge that a few days won't define who I am and what I will become. 40a80rbzs89k.png
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I love to see how everyone feels on this subject. I weigh myself an average of three times a week and love the data. I also do much better with daily weigh-ins so I'm striving for that again. Weigh-ins keep me empowered.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I also weigh daily every morning just after getting up before I get dressed. I helps me to stay on track and accountable. I noticed a pattern before when I am loosing weight and stop weighing daily I will fall off the wagon shortly after
  • Champd36
    Champd36 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Every morning... then sometimes in the afternoon... like others like to see how my body reacts to different situations... aslongs as the overall track is downward don't really care about fluctuations...
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Monthly, about 3-5 days into the beginning of my cycle. If weigh myself anytime within the last week of my cycle I'll be up at least 5 lbs. due to water weight and other hormonal fun.
  • lauralea1999
    lauralea1999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily. I would eat perfect and gain .2 pounds in one day and get discouraged. Or eat one bad meal and feel like I blew it. I started weighing myself once a week about a month ago and it's been working great! Now if I have a bad day, that's ok! I have 6 other days that are going to factor into that weigh in. Once a week is enough to see results and keep it in mind.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Daily.
    If I gain exactly 2lbs from one day to the next, I know my TOM will start the following day. I weigh myself second thing in the morning, toilet comes first.
  • Cbkkata
    Cbkkata Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and track it on fitbit app. Then I only compare weekly averages instead of daily weights. (Fit bit calculates this for me)
    I also measure my %bodyfat everyday too, BECAUSE I have an app/program that I get points for weight, body fat, sleep, food, steps, workouts and more from. At 10000 points I earn $10. I get 6 points apiece for weight and %bodyfat, or else I'd leave it be.

Also I'm a bit of a numbers nerd and like to see those graph points too.

If anyone wants to know the app, message me and I'll send you a link.... gets us each 100 points =D