Lonely Struggle

Options
So, Hey everyone. I have been on MFP for a couple months now, and I have lost about 12 pounds of the over 150 lbs I am trying to lose. I have made only a few friends on here because a lot of people have turned out to not be as dedicated as they claim. I am in no way passing judgement! But I feel this journey would be much easier if I had friends to share in it with me. I am 35 years old and would love to have and share more support. Anyone serious about making healthy changes and making a friend, please feel free to tell me about yourself and send me a request. I look forward to making some new friends!!

Replies

• Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. Im always looking for friends willing to open their diarytoo!

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    In what way aren't people dedicated?
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I first started, in my first "introducing myself" post I made some friends. It seemed like the very very first batch of friends I made were people who reached out specifically because they were brand new too. Sadly, as with any venture, many brand new people don't stick with it ... or don't stick with it the very first time they try.

I had better luck finding friends by becoming an active reader of forums I found helpful, like general health, motivation and support, fitness and exercise. When I found someone's words really made sense to me, or their experience seemed like mine, I reached out with a friend request and a message about what they said, what we have in common, etc. Hey presto motivated active friends. Also joined in with a couple of daily challenge check-in threads and that's a great way to feel less alone.

It takes time to navigate the community here but it's worth it. If you go looking for your people you are likely to find them. Good luck and much success!
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm a big guy! I've lost 66lbs of the 225 lbs I have to lose and am around the same point you are! Just grinding away! I've so much excitement for this journey and am so excited for all of the friends I've made on here so far! Please feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends.
  • Cowboycc1990
    Cowboycc1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    stay strong i know what you mean by it feels lonely ill be your friend im not trying to loose weight im trying to bulk up and this is all new to me ! add me
  • william78552
    william78552 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am new here let’s do this
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey! There's a great community on here that can help motivate you :) Happy to be friends if you like!
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journies and always happy to have new friends!
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    i am happy to help u reach your goals
  • gilesjennifer267
    gilesjennifer267 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad : I don't mean anything bad by what I said. What I mean by people not being as dedicated as they claim to be is, I had several people claim to want me to add them as friends, claiming that they are happy to be supportive and when someone sends me a personal message stating that we can talk everyday and offer to keep one another accountable, I expect that. Does that make sense?
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    @brightresolve : Thank you so much. I will definitely try that. I did send you a friend request.
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    @william78552 : Feel free to add me
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who responded! I very much appreciate it.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Glad you reached out with the friend request! It's definitely worth a little time to get more connected here, but in the long run - it's each of us staying motivated ourselves and making those choices one day at a time. Some days are great, some so so, but they DO add up to success if we keep at it.
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    Glad you reached out with the friend request! It's definitely worth a little time to get more connected here, but in the long run - it's each of us staying motivated ourselves and making those choices one day at a time. Some days are great, some so so, but they DO add up to success if we keep at it.

You are so right. I look forward to having you included in my small group of friends.
  • scarlettewings957
    scarlettewings957 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I need dedicated friends who will call me out and congratulate me on the little victories and I will do the same in return. Not sure about lbs but I have 7 stone to lose and have lost 1 so far. X
  • daburns89
    daburns89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP in general but familiar with the fitness life in general. Always good to have folks to help you be accountable and such, especially for nutrition. Nutrition is THE key way more than any fitness. As such it is important to know the proper nutrition aspects to focus on. Much more than weight your focus should be on your body fat percentage. Much more than calories you should be focused on your macros. MFP has a good tool to know and track both of these but there are better ones. That all being said everyone is welcome to add me for both advice and support.
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Have very few friends on here so feel free to add me
  • william78552
    william78552 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone