Loose Skin

Options
Hey all! I'm not sure if anyone will have answers for me on this one, but here goes!

When did you start noticing your loose skin? I've lost nearly 70lbs now (down to 216 from 284) and I haven't noticed any yet. I've got the wrinkly, disappearing stretch marks, but nothing 'loose' as of yet. I dont want to get too hopeful yet that maybe I won the genetic lottery, hence the question :D

I'd like to lose another 60lbs or so. So maybe it'll start showing up within that time.

Thanks for any replies!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Mine surfaced at about 90#. Hard to explain, but the areas where I had bad cellulite have the worst loose skin (legs). My stomach has stayed fairly tight. Overall, loose skin is way better than fat.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Your both young so you have a good chance that it’s still very elastic and a lot of it will go back. Unlike people over 60 post menopausal. :#
  • beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I went from 168 to 109 and I have loose skin in a bunch of places. I also have dry skin when before I didn't. As long as you are moisturizing and drinking water you should stay lucky and avoid the worst of it. :) I didn't really do either of those things and am paying the price now.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The younger you are and the less time you have been overweight the better. Serious weight loss will probably leave some loose skin, especially when lost quickly. The same is true if you are older. The older you get, the less elasticity your skin will have. I'm losing approx 30 pounds and I'm older, so I expect that this time around, I will have some loose abdominal skin. But I'll take that over the excess weight anytime.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    moisturize like crazy and when you get out of the shower.. ...dry brush your skin....loose your last round of weight slowly.
  • kalahmarii
    kalahmarii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys! My mom had lost over 100lbs about 10 years ago and I remember her having quite a bit of loose skin. However, 2 kids and being in her late 30's made a difference I'm sure. I suppose only time will tell what my case will be like!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, Judii. Try some collagen peptides. They really helped me with hair, skin, nails. Used about 4 scoops aday during weight releasing phase, still use at least two.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    moisturize like crazy and when you get out of the shower.. ...dry brush your skin....loose your last round of weight slowly.
    None of this really matters. If skin is loose it's because the mass that was underneath it that pushed it out is gone. All mentioned above is EPIDERMAL and doesn't affect the actual DERMIS. Genetics, age, and how long one was overweight are going to be the determining factors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Looked on WebMD and similar sites - likened it to a balloon. The more it is stretched, the less likely it is to return to its original shape. Oh well, at least I'm healthier now. And for that I am truly grateful.

And from what I have seen on "Skin Tight" "That's just the way it is...baby" (shout out to The Rembrandts)