Best Fitness tracker to use with MFP

Options
Hi guys, I'm finally going to be syncing a fitness tracker to my MFP app and I would really appreciate any advice you have on which device to use.. I've read some good reviews for fitbit charge 2 but I would like to know what you would suggest before I actually decide
cheers

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use the charge 2, but since I've not used any other, I can't really comment - except that I enjoy using it.
  • oootto92
    oootto92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a new fitness tracker today. I ended up choosing Vivosmart 3 over FitBit charge 2. They are in the same price range and have the same functionalities but vivosmart 3 is water resistant so that you can wear it 24/7 without taking it off for shower or swimming.
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm using your basic Flex. I'm not particularly thrilled with the way it interacts with MFP because the numbers for my daily burn rate are different and my calories from exercise are not easy to see on either the MFP or Fitbit apps. But, I know I'm keeping a decent deficit and burning cals from exercise, and so far have lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks, so I must be managing things ok even if a little confused at times. Good luck, whatever you decide.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Vivosmart HR
  • CrustAsian
    CrustAsian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oootto92 wrote: »
    I actually bought a new fitness tracker today. I ended up choosing Vivosmart 3 over FitBit charge 2. They are in the same price range and have the same functionalities but vivosmart 3 is water resistant so that you can wear it 24/7 without taking it off for shower or swimming.

Cool! And it's working fine with MFP?
  • Christi2705
    Christi2705 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel like my Fitbit Blaze was more accurate but I like everything else about my Apple Watch so I use it exclusively. I don’t “eat back” any of my workout calories so it’s not a huge deal to me. They both synced fine.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I liked my fitbits the best. I have an off brand one now and it is frustrating to use.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use a polar heart rate monitor when I work out so I know how many calories I have burned. I use a misfit (except for when I’m working out) to keep track of my steps. Neither are linked and I like it that way. In the past I had a Fitbit and linked it but found it wasn’t the best for me. I am loosing more consistently the way I’m doing it now. This works for me!
  • CrustAsian
    CrustAsian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a polar heart rate monitor when I work out so I know how many calories I have burned. I use a misfit (except for when I’m working out) to keep track of my steps. Neither are linked and I like it that way. In the past I had a Fitbit and linked it but found it wasn’t the best for me. I am loosing more consistently the way I’m doing it now. This works for me!

Good to know.. all the best! :)