I lost 5lbs in one day!

NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
Then I lost .6lbs in less than 5 minutes!!

I am a friggun miracle of weight loss science. I would like to thank the rice wine vinegar I put on my salad yesterday... take that ACV!!

Even though my holiday weekend (which included Friday) was still within my calorie budget I did eat more sodium and carbs than normal. Pizza, bacon, potato chips, candy bar, and hot dogs were all consumed. I also had sushi with copious amounts of soy sauce on Sunday and fairly salty popcorn on Sunday and Monday. I am fairly certain I drank a gallon of water on Sunday (8lbs right there) because of the salty goodness.

I weigh fairly irregularly but when I do I usually weigh for 3 days to get a sense of my average. I was SO happy that I lost 5lbs in a single day because then I could start one of these threads. Then I went to the restroom and for kicks I weighed again. It was not much in the way of urine but that goes to show you it is more weight than you think.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Someone is going to fall for this. :D
  • NovusDies
    Someone is going to fall for this. :D

Well now they won't. :angry: (jk)
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    I came for the pizza
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I was like, huh? Then I saw who the OP was, and was like, I see what you did there!
  • quiksylver296
    I came for the pizza

and bacon, and candy bars...

*Kitten*, now I'm hungry.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    I came for the pizza

and bacon, and candy bars...

*Kitten*, now I'm hungry.

I am currently making bacon .... lots of it! It is like an air freshener for the office
  • Cosmicneo7
    Cosmicneo7 Posts: 5 Member
    The body is composed of 70% water. When you start dieting or even do something as little as not eat as much during a series of days, your body will start to let go of some of the excess water as it uses certain reserve carbohydrates (which hold onto water) up as back up energy. This is why some people lose "10-15 lbs in less than 2 weeks!". Its commonly referred as "Water Weight".

• NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    I was like, huh? Then I saw who the OP was, and was like, I see what you did there!

While it is kind of a joke it does show cause and effect. Retention of water after carbs and sodium is not jut a thing people say around here it does happen and given time it does work itself back out. I haven't done anything special this week and my daily calories are in the same ballpark as they always are.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

While it is kind of a joke it does show cause and effect. Retention of water after carbs and sodium is not jut a thing people say around here it does happen and given time it does work itself back out. I have done anything special this week and my daily calories are in the same ballpark as they always are.

I "gained" 4 lbs in one day eating the same number of cals, just waaaaay higher sodium. Newbies might freak out by that LOL
  • DJ_Skywalker

While it is kind of a joke it does show cause and effect. Retention of water after carbs and sodium is not jut a thing people say around here it does happen and given time it does work itself back out. I have done anything special this week and my daily calories are in the same ballpark as they always are.

I "gained" 4 lbs in one day eating the same number of cals, just waaaaay higher sodium. Newbies might freak out by that LOL

I have gained 4 pounds in one day drinking the same ounces of vodka
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member

Me after sushi.
  • NovusDies

I gain after drinking too. I think the people that come out of drinking dehydrated may not have as much water as I do earlier in the day or may they are just different.
  • NovusDies
    edited May 2018
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    That's impossible though because clearly the carbs cause you to gain weight. Your scale must be busted. The only way to actually lose weight is to go low carb, IF , CrossFit and also be Paleo all at once while wearing a sombrero and singing the national anthem while peeing on a ketostix .

No joke. For some odd reason I was singing the national anthem yesterday because it was stuck in my head. :scream: The real truth emerges!!
  • quiksylver296

I gain after drinking too. I think the people that come out of drinking dehydrated may not have as much water as I do earlier in the day or may they are just different.

Me, three. And it lasts for several days.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    I log singing as cardio
  • NovusDies

No joke. The last time I imbibed for a weekend it took 8 days for it to start coming off. That was the longest I can remember.
  • quiksylver296

No joke. The last time I imbibed for a weekend it took 8 days for it to start coming off. That was the longest I can remember.

I had a delicious, delicious Manda margarita (made with mandarin Jarritos and an extra shot of tequila) Saturday night, and I'm still waiting...
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

This is some solid anecdotal evidence that the average person is chronically dehydrated. As contrasted with the MFP crowd who tend to be aware and deliberate about hydration.