Orange theory fitness

Options
dra760
dra760 Posts: 55 Member
Any MFP an OTF member? If so, how often do you go? Do you use an activity tracker and if so do you set it on the cardio option?

Replies

• kathleenneriducharme
    kathleenneriducharme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I go 4 to 5 times a week. I like the diversity of people and workouts. I keep my Garmin on as habit and so I can compare my heart rates between it and my OTF tracker.
  • dra760
    Options
    I go 4 to 5 times a week. I like the diversity of people and workouts. I keep my Garmin on as habit and so I can compare my heart rates between it and my OTF tracker.

Hi! On your Garmin do you set it on cardio mode or other ?
  • kathleenneriducharme
    Options
    I don't put it on cardio, but that's just because I never thought about doing it. I have a class in an hour. Maybe I'll try it.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I go to OFT 4/5 times a week, and absolutely love it. I've only been going for just under two months. I use my Fitbit and also the OTF monitor so I can watch my heartrate in real time on the screen. I have the Fitbit HR and so I just check exercise minutes on that. The calories burned is usually close to the same for both monitors.

On a side note to anyone who does go to OTF.. I hate the rower machine LOL
  • dra760
    Options
    Ems500c wrote: »
    I go to OFT 4/5 times a week, and absolutely love it. I've only been going for just under two months. I use my Fitbit and also the OTF monitor so I can watch my heartrate in real time on the screen. I have the Fitbit HR and so I just check exercise minutes on that. The calories burned is usually close to the same for both monitors.

On a side note to anyone who does go to OTF.. I hate the rower machine LOL

on your fitbit do you set it to running, cardio or other?
    i hate the rower too!!!!
  • dra760
    Options
    when i first started OTF i would hit the orange zone (first few months). but now i barely hit the green zone. i adjusted my heart rate monitor, the info for the heart rate monitor is set correctly. i increased the incline on the run and i was working it (this past Sat) but still no orange zone. i had the treadmill on 11, incline of 2 for running .1, .2, .5 miles and still no orange. our gym will be getting new tools to measure our workouts using ipads and such so we have better tracking of workouts. this will be cool!
  • Ems500c
    Options
    I didn't know I could set it to a workout. I have the Alta HR which I now see I didn't put in my pervious post. I did get more Orange points when I started than I do now but some classes I'll get 30 and some I get 2 so I have no idea how that works. That's exciting to get new tools to measure everything. They told me that they are the same classes at any location. I'm in Orlando but would be curious to see when you go if they are the same thing each day at any location!
  • dra760
    Options
    have you ever been injured? i did a sat workout two weeks ago. i increased my incline to 2 and was running at 11 and then the rower after short interval. i injured my lower back so haven't been to OTF in one week. i think i need to warm up before going. i was trying to get my HR up because it takes me forever and i hardly ever hit the orange zone.
  • Ems500c
    Options
    That's funny you ask, my foot's been bothering me so a week ago I went for an MRI, got the results back Friday saying that I have a fracture in my foot and tendonitis. I'm not supposted to go back until I see a orthopaedic doctor on Tuesday to see the damage. Hopefully it's very minor and don't need a boot, I hate to miss a lot of gym time and start over again with the soreness. Not sure if it happened at the gym or elsewhere, but sucks to miss any classes since i'm paying so much for them as it is.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am an OTF newbie, started on May 1st. My first month I got the 8x a month membership but have upgraded to the unlimited now because I crave more! If you aren't familiar (and I wasn't until someone here told me about it) there is a subreddit for OTF that is very, very active. And yes, for the most part each studio has the same workouts each day and people post about them and talk about them on the subreddit.
  • kathleenneriducharme
    Options
    I like the rower!! Not a fan of the little wheelie thing. I can't think of the name of it, obviously. OTF is kind of addicting.
  • dra760
    Options
    That's funny you ask, my foot's been bothering me so a week ago I went for an MRI, got the results back Friday saying that I have a fracture in my foot and tendonitis. I'm not supposted to go back until I see a orthopaedic doctor on Tuesday to see the damage. Hopefully it's very minor and don't need a boot, I hate to miss a lot of gym time and start over again with the soreness. Not sure if it happened at the gym or elsewhere, but sucks to miss any classes since i'm paying so much for them as it is.

awwww sorry to hear that and hopefully it turns out ok. such a bummer. can you ride bike or are you completely off of it?
  • dra760
    Options
    dra760 wrote: »

awwww sorry to hear that and hopefully it turns out ok. such a bummer. can you ride bike or are you completely off of it?

im riding my bike. i may go back to riding at otf to get the weight training or place my membership on hold for a few weeks.
  • kathleenneriducharme
    Options
    I'm going on vacation soon and I'm trying to decide if I should put my membership on hold for the 2 weeks I'll be gone or try and find OTF along the road. I'm not sure how easy that will be on a road trip, but I don't want to miss 2 weeks. I'm planning to take along my own weights.
  • Ems500c
    Options
    I don't know why I don't get notifications for this! I did put my membership on hold for 30 days but have the option to add on 30 more days. It's $1 a month with my doctors note so I don't have to pay for not using it. The doctor told me no treadmill but they have the bike I think I'll try it out. I'm in a boot so I can't do anything at the gym until I'm out of this in about two weeks. He said 2-4 weeks depending how quickly it gets better. I'm on a week tomorrow so fingers crossed its quicker!
  • smithchristina927
    smithchristina927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to OTF. It was a LOT of running. You gals must all be thinner than me because the running would kill my hips and knees for weeks. And then my back would be out. I tried the bike instead, but it wasn't like a normal spinning bike. It was so much harder. I couldn't do it for 30 minutes. Besides being fat, every other part of me is healthy. I was doing hour long crossfit workouts, but OTF seriously messed me up. I think it was too much cardio for my frame.
  • kathleenneriducharme
    Options
    ORG folks, did everyone do the Cirque du Soleil workout this morning with the trx straps? It was kind of fun.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    4-5x a week, love it!