You know what I think is super annoying??

Options

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a good day today

I find this to be very annoying too. Just because someone has an opinion that another doesn't agree with, they suggest that the poster is having a bad day. Don't patronize me. I'm having a wonderful day so far, I just have an irritation that I decided to share. I hope you have a good day too, and unlike you, I don't mean to patronize.

And I find your reply to someone wishing you a nice day to be annoying. But, that's what seems to fly on these boards. After a month here, I've noticed that certain people feel the need to announce was annoys them, thus driving any new people away and intimidating others.

Well, I hope you have a good day too... :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    So basically you are saying that what other people feel might help someone is not worth them posting just because someone already said it?

Here's a hint, if it's a repeat skip that post, you don't have to read every single one of them.

For some people hearing or seeing the same thing repeated helps, just because you get it the first time doesn't mean everyone does.

I find it annoying that other people complain about how others post.

Wow - you guys are killing me. Not to mention making me feel like an *kitten*. All I was saying was that I think people should put the work in and read the posts!! Sheesh.

It just came across wrong, no worries :)
  • kgagnon7779
    Options

I find this to be very annoying too. Just because someone has an opinion that another doesn't agree with, they suggest that the poster is having a bad day. Don't patronize me. I'm having a wonderful day so far, I just have an irritation that I decided to share. I hope you have a good day too, and unlike you, I don't mean to patronize.

Get it girl! Tell emmm! I find both of your things to be annoying. Keep having a good day! :)
    Thank you - this made me feel really good. Mean people are not nice. ; )
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    There's no "like" button. So if I posted something and 10 people all said the same thing it would give me an idea of what most people thought about the topic.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful worldof chat forums. Whether it's about dieting, parenting, or I dunno.... Breeding hippoes, it will always be that way.
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do understand what you're saying, especially if the post is about something technical like "how do I add a photo to my post?" and 20 people give the same answer. With those kinds of posts I do check to see if the question got answered before responding.

But in general, I often don't have time to "put in the work to read the posts", especially if a thread is several pages long so if I find a post that interests me or I think I can offer a helpful answer, my response is to the original poster's comment or question only, with my own original thought, without reading anything else in the thread or being influenced by other comments. If my comment repeats what others have already said, then so be it.

Just my 2 cents worth...
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Calm the heck down. All I was saying was to have a good day today because it sounded like you were have a bad morning. If you don't like the response that people give you regarding post you have then stop posting.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think it's good when people agree wth others, it's like conformation that they might actually be right.

Yeah and you are taking the time to comment, that make the poster feel validated. I think you have too much time on your hands if you are that irritated by that.
  • katzrich
    katzrich Posts: 17
    Options
    I was just wondering how this post fits in General Diet and Weight Loss Help.........
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Calm the heck down.
    What she said...
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If you are finding an expression of a consensus annoying, you're going to hate your own thread. Because most of the people posting on here find it helpful for opinions to be confirmed, rather than seeing it as a waste of time.

Or did someone else already make that point? :bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You know what I find annoying? When people post the same thing as someone else in the thread.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how this post fits in General Diet and Weight Loss Help.........

I was thinking of saying how posts in the wrong forum are super annoying, but I wanted to be nice. :laugh: Oops.
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just a quick reminder of forum rules:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

5) Topics which are started with the intent to denigrate, belittle, or disparage another MyFitnessPal member, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. Such topics will be instantly deleted and may result in the banning of the original poster. This includes following another poster around in the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, spreading gossip or rumors, posting email exchanges between users, etc. Keep the drama off the forums!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I actually don't find that annoying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and just because someone else voiced theirs first, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to add their input.

For instance, if I'm asking a question, say... about how much protein I should be eating, I'd rather people who have knowledge about that post repeatedly, all saying the same thing, than have one person tell me the right answer, then five other people giving me different wrong answers.

^THIS^
    why be so nit-picky about people sharing the same view and voicing their own opinion even if it is
    the same as some1 said earlier.
    Ya'll need a dam* hobby if you're gonna be so PICKY about it. sheesh.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    So basically you are saying that what other people feel might help someone is not worth them posting just because someone already said it?

Here's a hint, if it's a repeat skip that post, you don't have to read every single one of them.

For some people hearing or seeing the same thing repeated helps, just because you get it the first time doesn't mean everyone does.

Wow - you guys are killing me. Not to mention making me feel like an *kitten*. All I was saying was that I think people should put the work in and read the posts!! Sheesh.
    ‎"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou

You're welcome, have a swell day.
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i guess i look at it differently--its a blessing to know someone else cares enough to post at all or even say anything to another
    because this world is too self-centered!!!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options

And I find your reply to someone wishing you a nice day to be annoying. But, that's what seems to fly on these boards. After a month here, I've noticed that certain people feel the need to announce was annoys them, thus driving any new people away and intimidating others.

Well, I hope you have a good day too... :)

No kidding. I am new to the site and having having fun til I read stuff like this thread.
  • Obstinate07
    Options

I totally agree. If you don't like multiple posts, don't read any topics. Post your calories and keep it moving, no need to be rude.
  • antheamclay
    Options
    I've read loooooads of the posts and valid points here there and everywhere.
    Some lovers and some haters............... BUT...... Dya know what really, really annoys me is......
    Having to epilate my arm pits AGAIN. It stings. Har de har