No change in last 3 months

Options
I’ve seen zero weight loss in the last 4 months and pretty much zero change in measurements in the last 3.

I’m currently 120-122 (at 5’1”). I workout 6-7 days a week (2 of those days I do an extra hour with a trainer)...at least 30 minutes of cardio and 45 of weights and core work. I’ve tried 1200 and 1400 calorie limits and eat at least my lean mass (90) in protein every day.

My strength had definitely increased but its frustrating that nothing else really seems to be changing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• Christi2705
    Christi2705 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I track everything here and I don’t eat back any of my burned calories. My BMR is right under 1300 so I’ve considered dropping below 1200 for my intake but I’m afraid I’ll lose muscle mass. My Apple Watch really sucks at workout tracking. My HR can be a true 170 and it will show 65. So if anything my workouts are an underestimate anyway.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I track everything here and I don’t eat back any of my burned calories. My BMR is right under 1300 so I’ve considered dropping below 1200 for my intake but I’m afraid I’ll lose muscle mass. My Apple Watch really sucks at workout tracking. My HR can be a true 170 and it will show 65. So if anything my workouts are an underestimate anyway.

Your BMR is what you burn just to exist in a coma. Even if you were sedentary, you would burn 1480ish just to sit around and do nothing. Add in that you're exercising 6-7 days a week and that pushes you up to 1915ish per day. (These numbers based on a guessed age of 25)

How are you tracking your calories? Food scale, cups, guesstimating?
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The lighter you are, the less you burn and the less you can eat to just maintain your weight. It sucks.
    I feel your pain. I workout at Orange Theory where your calorie burn is tracked and projected on these monitors and I'm lucky if I pull in 450 calories after a solid hour that includes a half hour of sprint intervals on a treadmill, and there are people who burn 1000 calories or more. My heart is about to leap out of my body, even my fingernails are damp with sweat, and I burned off a caesar salad.
  • Christi2705
    Christi2705 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

HOW are you tracking though? weighing everything you eat on a food scale? guessing portions? measuring cups?

The majority of what I eat is packaged so mostly counting and measuring cups. I obviously have to just use my best judgement with portion sizes at some restaurants.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

HOW are you tracking though? weighing everything you eat on a food scale? guessing portions? measuring cups?

The majority of what I eat is packaged so mostly counting and measuring cups. I obviously have to just use my best judgement with portion sizes at some restaurants.

That's your answer then! Measuring cups can be way out - there's a great video which shows how off the calories can be, I hope someone will post it. And if you eat out often then it's very likely you are underestimating the calories for those occasions.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    You have to weigh everything you can, even prepackaged food. They can be over by 20%. With so little weight to lose you need to accurately track everything that goes into your mouth, by weighing solid foods and using measuring spoons/cups for liquids and make sure you are using accurate entries in the database - there are a LOT of incorrect entries.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You’re already in a healthy BMI range for your height. If you’re still unhappy with your appearance, I would strongly recommend strength training and not additional weight loss.