When?

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    No_Name14 wrote: »
    When did it become normal to drink the breast milk of cows?

A long long time ago.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    No_Name14 wrote: »
    When did it become normal to drink the breast milk of cows?

A long long time ago.

l5gen0gnzfj6.jpg

Niiiice
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    when did 9 o'clock get so late?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    when did chit chat become a Snickers commercial? you guys are killing me
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    When did Friday become just another day of the week? :confused:
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    When did lemons start giving us lemonade?
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    When did Gargamel start looking sexy?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    How did butt cheeks become socially acceptable?

It's Jim Carey's fault.
    g7g2cfthigp1.gif

• skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    When did parents get doped into thinking select sports are going to get their kids a full ride in college?

omg this! One of the parents was driving his son four hours every day to train then finally moved. I guess this kid could walk on water. I felt bad for him.

(unless you are a female soccer goalie.... i know a few who got full rides)

The stories are endless. Thousands of dollars are spent on fees, travel, etc. Thousands! And they get nothing.

Knew a girl. They spent thousands. Got her a one year scholarship to a junior college 8 hours from home.

The sad thing is.... a lot of parents around here do it just to get their kids able to play in HIGH SCHOOL. Thats how competitive things are nowadays. So you just can't go through the farm systems anymore and have fun and play in high school. If you are in the competitive school systems... you don't stand a chance of even making the jv team.

This. My younger two boys play/are getting ready to play club soccer because they’re both very passionate about it and very good at it, the little one in particular. I have no delusions of them going pro, but youth soccer is big business in our area. Around here, if you’re not playing for a good club team by the time you’re 9 or 10, you’re not likely to ever find your way onto one. If you aren’t playing on a high level club team in middle school, you’re very unlikely to make a high school team and if you don’t make a high school team, you don’t get to play for half the year because the league doesn’t play boys high school age groups in the fall.

It’s ridiculous and I hate that I’m already having to spend weeks debating which clubs the SEVEN year old should try out with because he’s beyond bored with the available rec programs and wants to be challenged but I can’t stand screamy coaching (or screamy, pushy parents) at any level and especially for kids as young as 2nd graders. Choosing somewhere that seems like it’ll be a fun, positive place for him to play, preferably one where the kids are encouraged to be creative in their play and make their own decisions instead of having every move dictated to them? It’s absolutely daunting, as are the attempted recruitments from coaches who want to try to stack their rosters outside of the allowed tryout time - we got the 11 year old’s first hush-hush “I’ll hold a spot on my team for you if you want to switch clubs for next year” offer when he was 8 and he still gets several a year, even though making that sort of offer before tryout weekend is officially not allowed.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

I mean we live in a province where women can be topless. Butt cheeks seem so innocent in comparison lol.

I kinda want to exercise this right... :#
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I mean we live in a province where women can be topless. Butt cheeks seem so innocent in comparison lol.

I am so supportive of this idea. I think you would document it too.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

I'll log it on mfp as and send pics to my boyfriend... I'm sure he does NOT support this idea, so I'll most likely be in trouble :D
    But I dont mind ;)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

I'll log it on mfp as and send pics to my boyfriend... I'm sure he does NOT support this idea, so I'll most likely be in trouble :D
    But I dont mind ;)

Somebody’s gonna get a spankin’!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    When did I become my father?

*Not that I'm complaining by any means. He's a hell of a rolemodel.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    When did bottled water become twice as expensive as soda pop?