Options
    I hope she is found safe !! Sending prayers your way
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    saragd012 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    if hillsboro won't do anything, i would see what county or state will do. but if she is a witness who is supposed to testify, let the prosecutor know. i would imagine they will be motivated to motivate the police to find her

i hope it ends well.

i have also seen people go to FB. or call the local news station.

I was going to suggest social media as well, if you feel you have completely exhausted the legal channels (police) and you really think she could be in trouble, I would start reaching out to news channels and blasting her face on social media. Dual purpose, more eyes to look for her and more pressure on the police to get involved.

For our Pacific Islanders community, no matter the country, social media blasts work. They're found within 24 hours.

OP - I am so sorry ....

ETA: Recommend https://patch.com/

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Oregon state police 503 378 3720
    Fax: 503 378 8282
    Email: ask.osp@state.or.us

Dispatch centers are open 24/7
    ccsernica wrote: »
    Sinanthiel wrote: »
    She also witnessed an attempted murder about 4 months ago, and she’s supposed to testify against this guy that attacked her boyfriend, and split his head open with an axe, and a hammer.

Get in touch with the DA's office, and the prosecutor who's handling this case. They will want to know about this and have the clout to prod the cops into action.

^^Agree plus social media if necessary. Maybe the problem is your Mum is the point woman between "the one policeman" and your family. I would suggest you nominate yourself to contact the police, the DA's office and the media.

A quick search found this site which might prove to be useful for you:http://www.oregon.gov/osp/MCC/pages/index.aspx

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »

She also witnessed an attempted murder about 4 months ago, and she’s supposed to testify against this guy that attacked her boyfriend, and split his head open with an axe, and a hammer.

Get in touch with the DA's office, and the prosecutor who's handling this case. They will want to know about this and have the clout to prod the cops into action.

^^Agree plus social media if necessary. Maybe the problem is your Mum is the point woman between "the one policeman" and your family. I would suggest you nominate yourself to contact the police, the DA's office and the media.

A quick search found this site which might prove to be useful for you:http://www.oregon.gov/osp/MCC/pages/index.aspx

I would think a local TV station would help as well .

Most certainly. All stations have a social issues/community desk.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Something don’t sound right.

Filing a missing persons report doesn’t have anything to do with blood or some sort of foul play evidence. That would be more along the lines of an assault report or complaint.

Missing person is simply that. The way it works in NC is you can file the report at anytime. No longer do you even have to wait 24 hours. The jurisdiction will fall on the agency that the person was last seen by verifiable source.

If the what you say here is correct your parents need to reach out to the state investigating body. Here it’s referred to as the SBI.

I don’t think that they need evidence either, but there’s two police departments in my county. The Washington County Police, and the Hillsboro Police. The Hillsboro police never want to do anything, and there’s much drug activity there, they assume everyone is a junkie smoking meth. I need to find out what my state’s investigating department is, but I have no idea how to find out. I’ll have to try to google it, or something. I told my mum that that’s what a missing persons report is, is that the person is missing, and evidence shouldn’t be apart of it. Evidence is needed for a suspected assault, or homicide. The police officer was not very nice to my parents, and he acted like my sister isn’t even disabled, or could be in danger, and that she’s just a junkie getting high somewhere.

Is the police officers there very familiar with her ?

No, the police don’t really know my sister very well.. why do you ask?

I feel like he might've asked because I assume if a person is known to police as being someone who often runs away (or something like that) they might not take it as seriously at first...?

But regardless, please call the number he listed earlier:

Correct. I have some relatives who are well known to the local PD where they live and most times their initial response is similar to what the OP stated in terms of not really wanting to investigate since it's assumed they're partying or laying low for a while. But, as stated, call the county and request a welfare check and file a missing person's report. I believe that if she's living in a rental unit, a request could be made of the landlord/management as well. Would take at least 24hrs to do it though because of legal notice to tenant.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! I'm so glad she's safe.

This might seem like a minor consideration given the worries you've just had, but make sure she gets her name off the lease or rental agreement on that house, or she may be liable for all the damage. She might be anyway, but the last thing she needs is legal trouble over some nonsense where she was actually the victim.
  • Sinanthiel
    Sinanthiel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness! I'm so glad she's safe.

This might seem like a minor consideration given the worries you've just had, but make sure she gets her name off the lease or rental agreement on that house, or she may be liable for all the damage. She might be anyway, but the last thing she needs is legal trouble over some nonsense where she was actually the victim.

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely let her know that she needs to do that. My sister has some mental disabilities, and this experience has proven to me that she’s way too trusting, and bad people take advantage of her. I think she needs to live in an assisted living arrangement, because I don’t think she can live alone after all this. She almost got killed, and it’s all because she’s way too trusting of people.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    All the best to you, her, and the family involved.