When?

Options

Replies

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    When did you stop believing Santa was real?

When I was 3. My sister is such a bish.

You were only 3? That is devastating
    Options

Agreeed

I was around 7 or 8... I found the barbie magic van I had asked for. I was so disappointed. Now I feel a little guilty lying to my son but he deserves to experience that magic... at the same time I hate that I am lying to him. Is that weird?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Agreeed

I was around 7 or 8... I found the barbie magic van I had asked for. I was so disappointed. Now I feel a little guilty lying to my son but he deserves to experience that magic... at the same time I hate that I am lying to him. Is that weird?

Not weird at all. I dread the conversation with my daughter. She is going to NEVER let me forget this, “Oh right. Lying. Yeah. That’s bad, right? You mean LIKE HOW YOU LIED TO ME ALL MY LIFE ABOUT SANTA???”
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

Agreeed

Not weird at all. I dread the conversation with my daughter. She is going to NEVER let me forget this, “Oh right. Lying. Yeah. That’s bad, right? You mean LIKE HOW YOU LIED TO ME ALL MY LIFE ABOUT SANTA???”

I think more about his pure joy and innocence he will one day lose... Santa is just the first of many disappointments... but perhaps then he will pass on the magic to his children one day and he will obviously get over it! .... maybe I'm just being silly.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Agreeed

I think more about his pure joy and innocence he will one day lose... Santa is just the first of many disappointments... but perhaps then he will pass on the magic to his children one day and he will obviously get over it! .... maybe I'm just being silly.

I dunno. My cousins and their kids and grandkids have this wonderful way of keeping the spirit alive long after Santa’s been found out. So it can be done.
    Options

Agreeed

I dunno. My cousins and their kids and grandkids have this wonderful way of keeping the spirit alive long after Santa’s been found out. So it can be done.

How it should be :)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Agreeed

How it should be :)

Agreed. While it's a time for families to come together, it's really all about the children and being an enjoyable time for all.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Agreeed

Agreed. Both my kids now know but it's still magical around here. Maybe partly because I go overboard with the decorating, music and passing out of cookie/candy trays. The other part because they know it's not just about the presents.
  • No_Name14
    No_Name14 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When will I be ok again after just discovering Santa is not real?? :'(
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    When did it become ok to decide that todays going out for breakfast wardrobe choice was blue jean shorts, high wool socks, sandals and a gardening style hat?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    When did it become ok to decide that todays going out for breakfast wardrobe choice was blue jean shorts, high wool socks, sandals and a gardening style hat?

When i texted you that pic you said it was perfect for cracker barrel :'(
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    When did taking belly selfies in the bathroom mirror with the ole thunder mug in the background become so normal?