Happy National Doughnut Day!

Options
skelterhelter
skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
edited June 2018 in Food and Nutrition
What did you all pick up this morning? :) I went to Dunkin and got a small coffee with sugar free coconut syrup and skim milk and a strawberry frosted with sprinkles with ALL THE SUGAR, lol. Because it's about balance ;) Anyone else using their calorie banks for this one?

Replies

• jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I celebrated with a chocolate donut this morning! I ran 9 miles first, so I had more than enough calories to fit it in, and may just have another one later! :D
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'll be having a walk into town later today to post some letters and cash a check. I intend to have a DD jelly donut. Heck, I might even have two.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate frosted for breakfast. I'm walking in a parade this evening and that will probably end up being over 5 miles so I figure I'll earn those doughnut calories!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I have not had any donuts today...but a Tim Hortons run after lunch might be in the works.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I baked some chocolate doughnuts this morning. Just put a chocolate glaze and sprinkles on.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Krispy Kreme glazed creamer filled. Might end up low on protein today but that is okay. Still in my calorie goal range having more than one donut and that is even before tonight’s cardio.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Oh damn I didn’t know it was donut day. I need to get one. Just plain glazed are my fav.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I had two donuts. They are FREE in my apartment building today. I'm actually afraid to go to the gym because I'll have to walk past the donuts! It's hard to resist free ones. If I had to pay for it I wouldn't eat it. Other than today I've had about 2 donuts in the last 11 months!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I'm not feeling it today.... I don't trust myself to stop. So, I'll have my own Donut day when I feel in better control of myself.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    The local bakery we went to was all out of donuts when we got there (they were doing BOGO) so I had a carrot cake cupcake with coffee instead. I was a little sad but the cupcake was delicious.
  • Jaimeclmt
    Jaimeclmt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was mad when I found this out because I had already planned to get one tomorrow after my 11 mile run! I'll still get one anyway - my local donut shop has a Blue's Clues donut, which is a blueberry cake donut with blue icing. SO GOOD.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm not feeling it today.... I don't trust myself to stop. So, I'll have my own Donut day when I feel in better control of myself.

I probably shouldn't have had it myself. I started my day with all that sugar and now my body wants me to have more.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No doughnuts for me. But I’m having a pint of Halo Top!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had a OhYea one maple glazed donut protein bar. Close enough.

Donuts are delicious but they make me feel kinda sick to my stomach and I had too much to do today to risk feeling blah.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Local donut shop had a line out the door!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Got glazed ones on sale for the grandkids...didn't think they would be too bad...just air, lol. Boy, was I wrong!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to but then I made a deal with myself. If there were people in Dunkin Donuts when I passed by during my walk then I'd get my free one.

There were so then I mentally told myself "phew!" and kept walking.

But then I started getting an actual hankerin' for my favorite, an old fashioned buttermilk, so ended up at Winchells paying too much for a donut I hadn't preplanned for (there were way too many m&ms earlier in the day).
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of donuts at all.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Not a fan of donuts at all.

Yeah, all things being equal, donut day doesn't do much for me.

On the other hand, I am ALL about Pi(e) Day!
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We have a local donut shop that has red velvet cake donuts. That was breakfast today. I may be able to do it again tomorrow morning.